× Members

pip cook a meal

More
5 years 11 months ago #219871 by subby
Replied by subby on topic pip cook a meal
I intend to argue that for a severe epileptic having multiple fits could not be supervised in a way to prevent injury not only to herself but also put the supervisor at risk of injury she already is covered in scars from dropping boiling water while being supervised in the kitchen and has now been told by epilepsy doctor not to go anywhere near a kitchen .I don't know if this will work but if their is any justice it should.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #219873 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip cook a meal
Colin

Please pay attention to the change in emphasis that I mentioned in response to Walker's post when you make your arguments, it's the difference between preparing and cooking a meal from fresh ingredients to making a piece of toast.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #219874 by subby
Replied by subby on topic pip cook a meal
could you explain this change on the form she filled in and her decision it asked and gave point for can you cook and prepare a simple meal not sure I understand what you mean.

More
5 years 11 months ago #219875 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip cook a meal
Colin

Ignore the form and what it says, she is being assessed against a set of legally defined Descriptors, these are listed in our PIP Claim guide.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

The point I am making is that the lower scoring Descriptors refer to the claimant preparing and cooking a meal, the highest scoring Descriptor refers to the claimant preparing and cooking food. This change is deliberate.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: subby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid