× Members

Cancel pip tribunal ?

More
5 years 11 months ago #220180 by Lisa
Cancel pip tribunal ? was created by Lisa
I was previously awarded standard care pip for anxiety and depression and was on sick
From work at the time decision was made. I was eventually retired to ill health and after a few months got a part time job in a quiet shop. I didn’t inform DWP partly as I didn’t think I would have too and also I simply forgot. Anyway when I had my review I got 0 points for everything and every decision seems to be made around my ability to work at the time. I was advised by a MH charity to appeal and after 13 months got my tribunal date. On the day it was adjourned as they hadn’t received all my medical notes. Since having my pip took off me I have been on the sick again for the past 15 month and cannot see a return date. This appeal is impacting on my illness and the thought of going back in that tribunal room is terrifying me . I am now thinking maybe I should just stop the process and put a new claim in as I fear by doing some work will be held against me. I am all chewed up about it and can’t decide... continue or cut my losses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #220188 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Cancel pip tribunal ?
Nasil

Only you can make this decision, have you considered whether you would regret losing the back pay if an award was made by the Tribuna?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 10 months ago #220278 by Brad
Replied by Brad on topic Cancel pip tribunal ?
there is a good chance if everything you say is genuine and properly backed up that tribrunal will find in your favour, i almost gave up on mine and actually called themto cance it, luckily they had decided to do a paper based decision and had made the decision the day before i called to cancel. and they found in my favor.

if i had called a day earlier and cancelled i wouldnt have got anything, s it turned out i got higher PIP award and also 12 months backpay from them. So you have come this far and nothing to lose but lots to gain by going thru it and holding on just that bit longer.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid