× Members

£6500? Disabled households £6500 a year worse off?

More
5 years 11 months ago #220223 by Atebite

I know your answers will be hypothetical as we don't know what might go on in the future with this proposal, but would be grateful thanks

1) From the news article, how are they 'actually' proposing in the report? to reduce disabled peoples payments by £6500/m ?

2) How could they possibily cut £541 from disability benefit claimants?

3) are these below ways.. possibilities that they are proposing in the report? to reduce disabled peoples payments by £6500/m ?

eg cut their whole benefit?

** Include the benefits cap on Disabled claimants (who are exempt currently) ?

** Remove/reduce the severe disability allowance premiums?

** Reduce the Support disabled ESA amount £ that claimants in this group get ?

**Reduce their HB?

4) Could these cuts be opposed by disabled groups/campaigns between now and then (Legally through court) and rejected?

5) What year would these £6500/year cuts happen if they did happen?

6) What is the Worse case scenario that could financialy happen for disabled candidates (receiving pip Enhanced both & ESA Support) ? after these proposals happen ?

7) What is the best case scenario that could financialy happen for disabled candidates (receiving pip Enhanced both & ESA Support) ? after these proposals happen ?

8) When they say 'severely disabled' people will be hit the hardest, then do they mean claimants who get disabled premiums on Esa? or whom do they mean?

9) When they say 'severely disabled' people will be hit the hardest, then what exact payment of theirs could be reduced ?

10) If these proposals go ahead, which exact benefits of disabled claimants are they proposing to cut? (eg Pip? Esa? UC?)

11) Are they proposing a cut of
disabled claimants Housing benefit too, in this proposition?

12) Is there any group of Disabled candidates which will not be hit hard ?? (eg on lower rate Dla?)

Thanks Gordon very much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #220226 by Atebite
Please Add(move) this question post to my other post labled :

Migrate it there, and answer it there....

Qu 13) Is this cut of £6500/year for disabled households with BOTH a disabled adult AND a disabled child?

or even Just 1 adult is suffice for the £6500/yr cut?

Qu 14) If an household consists if a single male adult, living alone, (solo adult) getting enhanced rates PIP and esa support, then ae they exempt from this £6500/year change ?

Qu 15) in these propositions are they proposing tat the premuims wil be removed (Severe dis premium) and the other to be scrapped (so claimands will lose this amount?)

Please add the above to my other question (migrate this post).to my other post..and answer there thanks.

More
5 years 10 months ago #220244 by Gordon
Atebite

I'm sorry but it is not the role of this forum to speculate about the contents of a report when the authors have not themselves explained how they have come to their conclusions, all I can suggest is that you contact them directly to ask your questions.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 10 months ago #220247 by joen
Classic fake news me thinks.

More
5 years 10 months ago #220288 by maria
Can you please clarify what report you are referring to?

More
5 years 10 months ago #220298 by Gordon

maria wrote: Can you please clarify what report you are referring to?

It's in the News section on the left of the page;

Disabled households to be £6,500 a year worse off

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid