× Members

GP PIP Appeal

More
5 years 7 months ago #220866 by knottie
GP PIP Appeal was created by knottie
Frantically getting ready for Tribunal Appeal. Sent out the GP form as provided by this site, for evidence. Been GP for 20+ years. Just taken a call from the GP's practice. Apparently the GP feel she is unable to complete the form as unable to answer most the questions/points. No other reason - had offered to pay and sent an SAE. Just asked them to return the questionnaire with a note explaining reason for not completing. Has anyone else had this experience. What if any action did you pursue.?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #220867 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic GP PIP Appeal
Joyce

Would your GP be willing to sit down with you so they can ask the questions that would allow them to reasonably complete the form?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #220938 by knottie
Replied by knottie on topic GP PIP Appeal
Not actually for me. It's for my sister - she's a regular at GP having epilepsy, osteporosis together with her learning disabilities and and mhealth issues. GP knows her extremely well so was surprised by response. GP actually wrote 11years ago to SServices disagreeing with the plan to move my sister 'into the community' when she'd spent most of her life in one institution or another since she was 8-10years old (special needs boarding school and residential care) She's now 61 so a long time. Disappointed with response and curious if anyone else has had this experience. Can I presume that she would have replied in same way if contacted by DWP?

More
5 years 7 months ago #220943 by Gordon
Joyce

It would seem likely. I'm afraid many GPs are abdicating their responsibilities to the patients.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: knottie

More
5 years 7 months ago #220954 by knottie
Replied by knottie on topic GP PIP Appeal
Oh well will battle on without GP assistance. Will do our best on the day. keep fingers crossed please.
Sister got the Daily Living after MRecon but not the mobility -going to tribunal on this From what I have seen/read this is the hardest bit. Seems it can be interpreted in so many ways. e.g Can walk 200metres. That's as maybe but how long does it take to do 200m? Does anyone know what criteria are set for 'in a reasonable time'??? From what I can see from google 'normal' is about 3 miles per hour. Any help here welcome

More
5 years 7 months ago #220965 by Gordon
Joyce

I've seen two figures used, the more restrictive of these is 72m per minute, so to meet the criteria your sister will need to walk at 36m per minute or less, that's about 5 minutes and 33 seconds for 200m.

However, this is a test of the distance that can be reliably walked so if she can walk 200m you may struggle to score.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.