× Members

Help with Health Care Costs - ESA (CB+IR)

More
5 years 10 months ago #220905 by ivyfox
I was receiving IB for several years and then was migrated to ESA (CB) in the Support Group. During this time I applied annually for the NHS HC2 certificate for free prescriptions, dental and eye care.

Earlier this year I was contacted by the DWP as it transpired I was one of the many who had been underpaid for years. I was awarded additional ESA (IR) plus the SDP as I also receive PIP Standard Care and live alone without a carer.

My HC2 certificate expires next month. Do I need to renew it? Or should I use another method, based on ESA (IR)? I'd be grateful to know.

Many thanks for all the help you provide :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #220924 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Help with Health Care Costs - ESA (CB+IR)
ivyfox

If you are receiving an ESA(IR) top-up then this passports you to free prescriptions, etc. and does appear on the relevant documentation for you to select but I have seen people say that it can be difficult to show that you are receiving ESA(IR) due to the poor quality of the ESA letters so you might want to continue with the HC2.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid