× Members

UC claim for sickness

More
5 years 8 months ago #224462 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic UC claim for sickness

Bamboozal wrote: If a GP letter is obtainable to state that from oct his condition worsened does the WCA get triggered from Oct or from now? Do we put in the journal that he wants a WCA assessment?

I think I understand what you mean now Gordon, my goodness, the JC have said he should be getting ESA all along and after his condition worsened it was them that said go get another fit note as we cant do anything for you.

Thank you for your help Gordon

It will be from when the request is made, much of this time is administration so whilst it may be quicker it won't be significantly quicker.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bamboozal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #225103 by Bamboozal
Replied by Bamboozal on topic UC claim for sickness
Hi Gordon, just a quick update on my brothers UC claim in case anyone else has a difficulty like this with claiming UC on health grounds

I checked on his UC journal and also the notes I'd made at the time regarding the JC advisor and on checking my brother had taken his Fit note in and declared a worsening of his condition on 1/10/18 to the lady in the JC who asked for his login details so she could help him with his journal and new health declaration. All had been submitted except the JC lady had put in 2015 by mistake instead of 2018, this was also checked by his case manager but no one flagged up the wrong year date so a WCA was not triggered.

So I put a message on his journal to sort it as they have a photocopy of his fit note etc and its now triggered the WCA and the UC50 was received a few days later and i'm helping him complete it, so thanks for your help Gordon.

Bamboozal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid