× Members

2nd pip assessment

More
5 years 7 months ago #225071 by Sylvia
2nd pip assessment was created by Sylvia
I've had a second pip assessment as Capita say the first one was incomplete. I asked the assessor if she knew it was my 2nd one in a month and she said she wasn't aware of this. When she was completing the questions I asked her if she had access to the first assessment and she said no. Anyway she mentioned something that could only have come from the first assessment which I find strange. She read the medical report they had for me and it was from 2007. I couldn't believe it and asked her to read it again. Things have changed a lot for me since then including three major surgeries. I told the assessor this but I'm not sure if she recorded anything or not. Is it up to Capita to contact gps etc or does DWP do that. I was told my gp when I asked him for medical evidence to wait until they contact him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #225096 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 2nd pip assessment
Sylvia

The DWP can contact the GP, etc. but it is more likely that Capita would although this is most likely to have been done before the assessment. The reality is that Gps are rarely contacted and our advice is for the claimant to source any evidence that they think would be relevant.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sylvia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid