× Members

PIP mobility

More
5 years 7 months ago #225152 by Linda
PIP mobility was created by Linda
As was awarded full care but standard mobility, my mobility with DLA was alway the full amount as my pain and walking were the main concern. My medical came back saying I did not need ant help in following a map hence standard mobility. Also hey stated I showed no signs of being anxious and was quite happy! I was terrified and h@v3 a terrible sense o& humour which comes out when nervous as it did that day. Is it worth me challenging the medical report I am frightened of losing what they have awarded me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #225177 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP mobility
Linda

A DLA HRM award translates into PIP Standard award, what distance did you say that you can reliably walk on the majority of days?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #225315 by Linda
Replied by Linda on topic PIP mobility
I have pain as soon as I walk it progresses as I walk. I put that it is constant the more I walk the worse it gets. I also said I get breathless the examiner said I showed no signs , the breathlessness is the pain. I also said I stop after a few yards

More
5 years 7 months ago #225338 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP mobility

Linda wrote: I have pain as soon as I walk it progresses as I walk. I put that it is constant the more I walk the worse it gets. I also said I get breathless the examiner said I showed no signs , the breathlessness is the pain. I also said I stop after a few yards

Is there anything that you do that argue against your only being able to walk a short distance, for example; do you go shopping?

The first stage to challenging a Decision is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this needs to be done in writing to the DWP, within one month of the Decision, to the office that dealt with your claim, have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide for details of the process, the PIP area also has template letters that you can use to make the request with.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

You should contact the DWP for a copy of the assessment report if you have not already done so, I would phone them but again follow up the request in writing. Once you have the assessment report you will have a better understanding of how the DWP Decision Maker has come to their conclusions and will then be able to argue against them.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation;

"the assessor recorded that I walked 50m, I did but they have failed to document that I had to stop every 10m for a rest due to breathlessness"

than their opinions

"based on my observations of the claimant walking I believe that they can reliably walk more than 200m.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Linda

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid