× Members

ESA: decline f2f and request paper assessment?

More
5 years 8 months ago #225418 by MsJane
Is it possible to decline the face to face assessment and push for assessment based solely on information provided by myself and my doctor?

I've been assessed twice now for ESA, both times paper assessments. This time I've been told face to face assessment and they've refused a home assessment. There has been no change in my health situation since my first two assessments and this third time.

The wait for the assessment and the worry about being assessed as fit to work is making me more ill again already. I'm seeing my doctor ASAP this week due to the effect it's having. Is there anything we can do to request a paper only assessment again?

I know I'm clutching at straws with this one really but I wanted to check just in case. Even if a paper assessment meant going straight to mandatory reconsideration/appeals, it would at least reduce the stress caused by the face to face and the wait for the face to face so I'm just grasping at anything now in the hope of stopping my health declining.

Thank you in advance and thanks again for all the help I've received on here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #225431 by Gordon
MsJane

I'm afraid you cannot refuse a face to face assessment, all that will happen is that your claim will be closed and whilst this is an appealable Decision, it could take months to resolve, you would not be entitled to any payments and you could end up still being required to attend.

Yesterday you talked about a GP letter, I assume you are still waiting to see what happens with this?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MsJane

More
5 years 8 months ago #225444 by MsJane
Thank you very much for the reply :) it sounds like that would be a very unwise decision if I did that then! I'm very glad I asked. Yes, still going ahead with requesting a home assessment. I just wanted to check first about paper assessments. Thank you again for how much you've helped me this week!

More
5 years 8 months ago #225682 by MsJane
Hi again!

I've spoken to my doctor and it turns out she's already been contacted about my claim and filled in a form and specifically said on there that I need a home assessment and has said why. Going by the dates, she's sent that maybe a week before my appointment letter was sent out. Would I need to request a letter from her saying the same thing again or would it be worth chasing up her form with them in case it hadn't reached them before the appointment was sent out?

Sorry if it's a silly question, I'm just very scared to contact them and speak direct because the recovery is hard.

Thank you :)

More
5 years 8 months ago #225708 by Gordon
MsJane

They should review the ESA113 but you do need to chase them to make sure that this has happened.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MsJane

More
5 years 8 months ago #225725 by MsJane
Thank you, Gordon :)

My parents do my phone contact with the assessment people so would they just need to check the ESA113 had arrived and would be looked at before the face to face? Or is there something specific they should be asking about it?

Thank you :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid