× Members

Does evidence have to be medical?

More
5 years 7 months ago #225474 by tazman
Does evidence have to be medical? was created by tazman
After sending off my ESA50 I have now had an appointment for a f2f. I've been in SG for 5 years. I have multiple problems and have only ever had the initial medical in 2006. Last reassessment was in 2013 and I appealed for the SG. It took 2 years but I was successful.

After studying as much as possible over the weekend, I've come to the conclusion that I'm being sent for f2f as I didn't have any recent evidence to send. Although I've had a lot of therapy over the years, my last lot finished 3 years ago. I rarely see the doctor and have meds delivered. Do you think a support letter from my best friend would be acceptable. She knows me better than anyone and has seen how my health problems affect me. She is going with me to the f2f so could I take the letter to that? She's very honest and doesn't hold back but would they just assume everyone is lying?

I don't know what else to do about supplying evidence. GP service is massive and there is always a different doctor. No personal knowledge and too many patients to deal with.
I sent my old supporting evidence from my therapist this time, but I assume that would be too old.

Of course, I'm terrified and feel constantly sick and tearful. They've given me less than 2 weeks notice for the f2f so there's not a lot I can do. Would be very grateful for any experiences or advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #225524 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Does evidence have to be medical?
tazman

Yes, your friend can comment on your problem. It can be in the form of a letter, so their name and address, how they know you and how often they see you, a description of your problems with completing the ESA activities, and lastly a statement attesting that the contents of the letter are accurate to the best of her ability and of course a signature.

I'm afraid it is not going to have any effect on your having to attend a face to face assessment, only a letter from your GP would.

Our ESA Claim guides have sections on the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #225530 by tazman
Replied by tazman on topic Does evidence have to be medical?
Thank you for your answer Gordon. And the help you provide to us all in general.

One thing I don't understand is the difference between LCWRA and Support Group. I've searched everywhere and can't work it out. It's probably really simple and my mind is playing tricks as usual.

More
5 years 7 months ago #225550 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Does evidence have to be medical?

tazman wrote: Thank you for your answer Gordon. And the help you provide to us all in general.

One thing I don't understand is the difference between LCWRA and Support Group. I've searched everywhere and can't work it out. It's probably really simple and my mind is playing tricks as usual.

They are both the same, ESA and New Style ESA use the SG and UC uses the LCWRA (Limited Capability for Work Related Activity). Someone in the SG has LCWRA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tazman

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid