× Members

PIP review finally completed

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284364 by polz66
PIP review finally completed was created by polz66
It's taken me a long time trawling through your guides (thanks so much), lots of evidence to sort, and an extra 2 weeks given due to receiving forms late. I finally popped it all in the envelope ready to send in the morning. I'm expecting/hoping for enhanced on both again.

My question is about postage. I've read its good to use recorded/signed for, but I've also read this is a waste of time and money. What's the current view on this? Also, will they text me to let me know they have received it or will I have to rely on checking Royal Mail?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284371 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP review finally completed
Hi Polz66,

Me personally - I always think it gives you peace of mind paying for the signed for delivery. Whilst yes, it can be looked at as a waste of money, but me personally, for a fiver, you can view online a signature, and usually a photo of a big box of letters, one of which would be yours, on the Royal Mail website/App.

I look at it as also, where I live, would I deliver it to it's destination for a fiver? and I always get back to myself the same 2 lettered response.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284372 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP review finally completed
I forgot to say also - you do usually receive a text, but it's usually several weeks to months after sending it to say that your appeal has been lodged.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: polz66

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284377 by polz66
Replied by polz66 on topic PIP review finally completed
Thanks so much Chris. I'll pay up, just for peace of mind. The wait begins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284382 by Jenga
Replied by Jenga on topic PIP review finally completed
I always post anything of any importance using Special Delivery. For the few pounds it costs if it’s important to you then it’s worth it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284433 by polz66
Replied by polz66 on topic PIP review finally completed
Signed for is now received. Squiggly signature showing online. The wait now begins.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid