× Members

Good News

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284495 by Chocolady
Good News was created by Chocolady
Hi all

The dreaded envelope came this morning and I am pleased to find im still in SG. Thats thanks to everyone’s help on here and the brilliant guides and mods. Its an awful ordeal for us all and I don’t think I could cope without the support on here. My award has always stayed the same even though my condition has got worse with more severe and different disease it seems once they decide on an award they dont seem to change it positively whatever and I havent got the energy to go through all the rigmarole of appeals etc. So im just happy to stay in SG. I asked for a copy of my report and lady at JC plus said my award was for 3 years. She said this was a long time. However it means ill be filling in pip forms and going for assessments again next year then the next year esa again. I had esa this year and pip last year. It seems a bit relentless at the moment. Im not sure if Im the only one or if this is happening to everyone. It certainly seems to have picked up since my DLA changed from PIP. Once again a massive thanks all and good luck to all on here battling ill health and this humiliating and exhausting process.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Gaddy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284508 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Good News
C

Congratulations on the award.

It may be longer than three years if you are lucky, ESA is an indefinite award with scheduled reassessment but these can be delayed, especially if the prognosis is that long and for the SG.

Gordon

tags: @RESULT @ESA @SUPPORT GROUP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chocolady

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284527 by TwistedWitch
Replied by TwistedWitch on topic Good News
My ESA was due to be renewed in 2018, they were clearly already behind at this point, and then Covid hit. I count myself incredibly lucky that somehow I dodged a bullet between then and now since I reach SP in just over two months. A month or so ago I had the realisation that I will never again have to face the ESA brown envelope of doom and I cannot begin to explain the feeling of relief this has given me. I know that I have been living in almost dread for several years and that it has been extremely detrimental to my physical as well as mental heatlh. I had my PIP renewed for 10 years back in April, so with any luck that will not cause me any issues either. My heart breaks for the many thousands of people still stuck in the system

People constantly say 'they cannot know what they are doing'. Sadly they know exactly what they are doing to us and they don't care.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Chocolady

More
11 months 1 week ago #284543 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Good News
Hi Chocolady,
Well done on your award. It's always good to know that you have found our website helpful.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 1 week ago #284547 by flo1
Replied by flo1 on topic Good News
Hi chocolady, congratulations on your good news.

Can I ask - what do you mean when you say ‘once they decide on an award, they don’t seem to change it positively’?

I ask because being in the support group is the safest place to be and 3 years before a reassessment is the best it’s going to be. How can it change to being more positive?

When I say ‘safest place to be’ we all know the safest place to be is free from all this hell but that’s never going to happen. And I know that NO-ONE knows how utterly desperate, demoralising and terrifying this whole process is, unless they’ve experienced it personally.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284663 by Chocolady
Replied by Chocolady on topic Good News
Yeah sg is as Ive already said a great outcome and sorry with all the assessments last year and next year, year after and my brain fog im getting confused with pip outcomes. Im relieved as I said but Im sure ive not been assessed constantly year after year in the past it does seem a bit relentless even though apparently 3 years is good Im sure its been longer before and Ive seen others say the same on here. I hope Gordons right and ill get a bit of a break from it as the whole process starts the year before so you dont usually get the 3 years before it all starts again anyway.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid