× Members

Benefit forms

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285131 by madmanx
Benefit forms was created by madmanx
Hi I wonder what happens when u send your benefits form and evidence to the Wolverhampton Post office, do they scan your documents and form and then throw the paper copy's away? Or does it get put in a file?.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285137 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Benefit forms
Hi madmanx

If your post does not get lost, it will be scanned on to the system, the paperwork will be shredded, this is why we inform claimants not to send in original documents as you will not get them back.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285139 by madmanx
Replied by madmanx on topic Benefit forms
Thanks Gary, I didn't know they shredded the paperwork, I sent my nephews pip review form back yesterday by special delivery and i have proof of postage that it was delivered today (8th of November). The form had to be back by the 13th of November, have I allowed enough time? How long does it take to scan the documents and To be put on their system? How long should i wait to call the dwp to check its on their system? Thanks for any advice bit worried that they lm lose my autistic nephews form and reports about him that's why I asked about if they still kept the paper copies.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285156 by Gary
Hi madmanx

Check with Royal Mail that the item was delivered, note the time and who signed for it, then contact DWP to see if they have logged it on their system, make sure you note the name who you speak to and date and time of your phone call.

If it is logged in then you can take a breather, you will next hear if you you have to have an assessment.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285289 by madmanx
Replied by madmanx on topic Benefit forms
Thank u for reply gary, i have a couple of questions if i may, the dwp received my nephews pip renewal form on the 8th of November, how long does it take for the forms to be scanned onto their system? It's been a week how long should I wait to give dwp a call to see that its been received by them? Also I can't remember but do u receive a txt saying that they have received it?

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285310 by Gary
Hi madmanx

The forms are usually scanned on straight away, they sit in a holding pen, a bit like here on the forum, until some releases it.

What I do is check date and time it was delivered to DWP, then contact DWP and ask if they have received the application form, they may say they cannot see it on the system, you then say that you have checked with Royal Mail and it was delivered on xxxxxx and signed by yyyyyyy

Once they confirm that they have received it you can relax, make a note of the person's name you spoke to, plus date and time.

Some people receive a text message others do not, it is a bit hit and miss.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid