× Members

Old style ESA Telephone Interview

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285181 by Matt
Old style ESA Telephone Interview was created by Matt
(sorry, first post vanished so feeling very upset).

50+ male, Highly variable. CFS/ME, IBS, Anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts.
Started ESA50 process in September after being in WRAG for last 10 years with next to no contact apart from visits/phone calls with local JC.
My mental and physical health have crashed since the start of the ESA process due to the stress, anxiety and uncertainty.
My GP received ESA113 10 days ago and today I received a letter for a telephone interveiew on the 20th.
I'm at my wits end, suicidal and see no future in my current state if I'm found capable of work. Ive managed to do permitted work for the last 3 years but that has now stopped and would not be possible in my current state.

How do I express to the interviewer that I am in such a poor state, suicidal and cannot cope?
Ive written everywhere on my ESA50 that I am suicidal and I dont know why it hasnt been flagged as a special condition? Ive tried to read all the info in this sites 141 page pdf, but its just too much complicated information for me to be able to digest and comprehend.

Ive been referred to local CMH teams and resources but find there is no point speaking to them as they cant change the outcomes. I dont want to 'just cope' as I see no future with my current health and mental health state.

TL:DR: How do I say that to the interviwer such that I can be basically left alone in the WRAG agin to struggle through life as I have been.
Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285202 by Matt
Replied by Matt on topic Old style ESA Telephone Interview
pls delete, duplicate thread (was unaware of time delays showing up in 'my posts' section).
TY

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285205 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Old style ESA Telephone Interview
Hi Matt

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

Life at time can feel very daunting when feeling stress, hopelessness and in despair, there are organisations out there to help such as the Samaritans, they can be contacted on 116 123 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

In answer to your question, are you involved with a crisis team, do you have a CPN.

When you have your telephone interview, you just need to say it as it is and inform the assessor how you feel.

Have you sort help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk they may be able to help you.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid