× Members

PIP (post-telephone assessment) feelings/ questions

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285346 by jamesredbox
Thankyou to those who responded to my previous post about the telephone assessment for PIP.

Well, I had it, they rang on time and it last 2 hours. I'm in my 40s and the assessor seemed to be a fair bit younger which I am a bit worried about. Here are my other worries - - The assessment lasted two hours but the way in which everything was asked, asked again, it did not fill me with confidence. I had a face-to-face assessment in 2017 and it must have lasted 45 mins max. - My current PIP award is daily living enhanced - mobility standard (bipolar, mixed personality disorder) - at the end of the call I said I feel very worried about the benefit being reduced at all but he did not offer any reassurance.

- We went through all of the sections in the PIP review (and main) form, then some more asking how long it would take you to walk three bus lengths, have you had suicidal thoughts (I answered yes to that and offered more thoughts), would you be able to make a train journey - my response to that was I need supervision but it worries me how I might have phrased it, using perhaps the wrong words. I covered that journey question in the PIP review form so I don't know why they don't refer to it directly during the assessment - it seems too loose, to me.

- I prepared very well, I knew what I had to update with them since sending the PIP review last January, but the prolonged nature of all of this and the sheer length of this assessment has left me reeling. Overall, despite having a 2 hour assessment on the phone, arranging for it to be recorded (which I downloaded that day) and having a whole set of notes based on bullet points about recent changes involving medication, having a cleaner and so forth, I still feel insecure and I honestly am not sure why. I'm not sure if the way in which the pandemic has impacted on us all has just made me feel even more anxious and selfishly obsessed than ever. I know there is more to life than being anxious about a PIP review/ telephone assessment but its difficult nonetheless. I'd appreciate any words of wisdom from other people here, any is much appreciated. Best wishes to all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285360 by Gary
Hi jamesredbox

I have answered your question in your previous post; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/kunena/10-dla-...ngs-questions#285340

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 1 week ago #285395 by jamesredbox
Replied by jamesredbox on topic PIP (post-telephone assessment) feelings/ questions
Thankyou Gary, I've seen your response. I don't know how to delete this accidental post...

More
10 months 1 week ago #285400 by Chris
Hi jamesredbox,

Which post is accidental, and I can delete it for you, no probs.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 1 week ago #285413 by jamesredbox
Replied by jamesredbox on topic PIP (post-telephone assessment) feelings/ questions
This one, as in the first post was posted twice by accident. Thanks.

More
10 months 1 week ago #285450 by Gary
Hi jamesredbox

Don't worry about it, it happens quite frequently when members do not see their post, they think it has gone missing so post it again, I believe the most I have seen is 7, we usually delete repeated posts.

Gary

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.