× Members

Award review process

More
10 months 1 week ago #285567 by CodeB
Award review process was created by CodeB
Is this a normal process for PIP review? Started 11th May this year, still ongoing.

1 Telephoned PIP for an AR1 UI form, received 12 days later.
2 Sent form back and received txt message saying that a paper-based review had been completed.
3 PIP decision letter arrived, 22 days after sending with same award as previous.
4 Telephoned for copy of medical report, told there wasn't one and that the award was the same because there was no new medical evidence. Which of course there was, 11 pages of it.
5 PIP letter saying they are looking at it again.
6 Capita letter with appointment for telephone assessment.
7 Capita assessment cut-off after asking for recording.
8 Capita telephone assessment re-arranged and completed.
9 PIP mandatory reconsideration notice with same award.
10 Telephoned for Med Report, which arrived 25 days later. Poorly written report by Paramedic, my disabilities are neurological with an extra neurodevelopmental disorder diagnosed early this year.
Next step - Tribunal.

So they have gone from - Review - Decision - Mandatory recon - Med Assessment - Tribunal

Crazy
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #285599 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Award review process
Hi CodeB

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

I would love to say no it is not normal, but here on the forum I would say yes it is.

Thank you for setting out your timeline.

Quite often the medical report (PA4) arrives much earlier than 25 days.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid