× Members

Claiming PIP for the first time for ADHD, Mental Health

More
10 months 6 days ago #285652 by bJ
Hi, I am new to the forum, can anyone help please?
I have been refered for an assessment from my GP, I know the waiting time is very lengthly.
I am 60 year old and suffered with ADHA all my ife. I am finding it almost impossible to deal with daily life its got to the point where its affecting everthing I do. I am struggling to deal with the basic daily life.
Its very overwhelming. I am unable to focus on tasks, I get side tracked all the time, my spending is out of control, I am so clumsy, I have several fractures in my wrist at present. I go to bed, I am moving around in my sleep, I almost fall out of bed every night, with thrashing around, I wake up totally worn out. I forget my meds for my depression. I have memory issues. I do drive but I get lost I hace to call home, I get in such a state with panicking its so overwhelming.
I can go upstairs to go to the tiolet, I can be there for hours, I get distracted and end up doing allsorts of other things.
I dont cook as I burn everyhing, because of getting distracted.
Can anyone point me in the right direction, where I can see theafvise that is avaliable on this forum please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 4 days ago #285665 by Chris
Hi bJ,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about the difficulties that you're facing. Life can seem very tough sometimes, as if it's just one thing after another.
Sure, in the "Guides" dropdown box, you have a list of topics in there, you can select whatever you want to read based on your circumstances, and there's also useful videos you can watch from the UC,PIP,ESA and DLA topics. These are available to view within your subscription, and there's some brilliant advice to help guide you through what is best to fill in based on your circumstances for which you want to claim. There has been many success stories after following the guides.

Hope this information helps, any further advice needed, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid