× Members

Pip Query - Didn’t submit on time but application has been submitted

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285898 by SoutheastSD
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here and I wanted to thank everyone for the helpful information generously available.

I’m a little confused because I requested a pip application about 6 weeks ago; about a week or two after requesting this I had 2 severe seizures on the same day and since then my memory, cognition and comprehension has been severely impacted.

I luckily managed to call through and get to an agent and they kindly offered a 2 week extension to my application deadline which I requested to do online.

Unfortunately I missed this deadline by 1 week further and I am still currently filling in the online form. I have over 30 diagnosed, chronic and severe health issues so I am still filling in the section 1 bit about how your health issues impact you, where it asks what the condition is, any treatment I’ve had and any side effects.

However today I received this text message, I was planning to call them today to request a further extension but this text came in before their phone lines opened, which was at 8:30am.

“ We have not received your 'How your disability affects you' form. We have sent your PIP claim to a Health Professional before we can make our decision. They will contact you if you need an assessment. You only need to contact us if your circumstances change.”

This left me a little confused and panicked and at 9am I rang through and got through to a lady and explained the situation, she noted that I had seizures etc and have been in and out of hospital the last couple of weeks and put a note on my file.

She reassured me that it’s ok to still continue filling in the application because I can still login to my online account so I’m still trying my best to work through the conditions but it’s just taking so long due to the details I’m including.

I’m about 1/3 or 1/2 filling in the how your disability affects you section which I’ll aim to finish today but I then received this just now, 7pm.

“ Hello from Independent Assessment Services. We conduct Personal Independence Payment (PIP) assessments for the Department for Work and Pensions DWP. This is for information purposes only, to let you know that we are managing your PIP assessment. We will look at the available evidence and will contact you with an appointment if we need to have a consultation with you. You can find information about the service we provide at www.mypipassessment.co.uk. You do not need to contact us.”

I am confused even more now and worried that I won’t have time to finish my application fully and put as much detail as possible.

Can I just continue to finish the form and explain how my disabilities impact me and the rest of the form etc and will this still be seen to the full extent during the assessment?

What will happen now if I haven’t finished it and they call me in like next week for example?

Also, I think I’ve been filling in the form wrong. Where it asks what my disability is, what medications and doses I’m on, and then what treatments I’ve had, there’s one last section which asks for “any side effects of these” does this mean that it’s asking me for the side effects of the medication or how my disability impacts me and the effects it has on me? I’ve answered it with a combination of the side effects of the medications and the impact my disability has on me and I think I was just supposed to put down the side effects of the medication if I’m not mistaken.

If any guidance could be provided I’d be really grateful please.

Thank you for reading this far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285911 by Gary
Hi SoutheastSD

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

In regards to your question, just carry on and complete the form as best you can, make sure you keep a copy of what you have written. When you have finished it and uploaded the form along with any supporting documents, contact DWP and let them know.

The question on side effects is in regards to any medication you take or cannot take due to adverse side effects.

I know of a number of claimants who cannot take any opioids such as codeine, tramadol due to the side effect such as nausea, dizziness, erratic breathing.

If you are able to keep a copy of what you have written, you can review what you have written when you have time for when you are next reviewed.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid