× Members

How to answer the question of "a typical day" in a WCA?

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285920 by Painter84
When having a work capability assessment what is the best way to answer the question of "what do you do on a typical day?". Even answering with things like watching TV or reading seems like it gives an impression of being able to do more than a person might sometimes be capable of.

Is it best to answer in terms of what would be typical on a bad day or when symptoms or difficulties are at their worst?

Thankyou in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285930 by Gary
Hi Painter84

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

A typical day would vary from one claimant to another as no two claimants are the same, even if they have the same condition, as a condition can affect claimants differently.

I find the term good days and bad days very hard to explain, especially for those who suffer from fluctuating conditions. A claimant once told me was that they have bad days and worse days, everyday is bad but some days are worse than others, that was easier to explain.

In answer to your question, do a day diary for a week from when you wake up to when you go to bed., There are a few examples in the tabs above under PIP and ESA.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285931 by Painter84
Thankyou so much for your reply.

Yes that's true. Bad days and worse days is a good way to put it.

I will have a look at the FAQs and the daily diary examples too.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid