× Members

PIP Appeal

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #286634 by McMaddie
PIP Appeal was created by McMaddie
Hi,

I'm helping my friend with her PIP Appeal, she has a date of 14 March 2024, and will be a phone hearing. She has managed to get herself in a knot by saying that 'that's a really bad thing isn't it?', I don't think it is because I always think it's more of a clarification if it's by phone whereas in person/online is more intrusive, can you help me put her mind at rest a bit as it's still a fair way off. If she does lose (unlikely as she told the truth and has sent in a lot of supporting evidence) will she be able to claim AA as she is of pension age?

Thank You

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #286645 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Appeal
Hi McMaddie

There are still not a lot of face-to-face appeals being conducted since the pandemic finished, so please try and reassure your friend that it is not a 'bad thing' - it is simply what many Tribunal Services are doing.

Some people are relieved they don't have to attend face-to-face, and others would prefer to be seen.

If she is really concerned - she can enquire whether they are doing face-to-face in her area and see if it could be changed. However, if they say yes, she may find she has to wait longer for the Tribunal to be heard.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 1 week ago #286931 by McMaddie
Replied by McMaddie on topic PIP Appeal
Thank you for info. The problem she is having is how can 3 people interview her on one phone, she is fast becoming a basket-case over this. I dont know what to tell her as I dont know how these things work, will it be one-to-one as she could cope with that, she is not good on the phone either as she gets all tongue tied and confused. I so want to placate her but I dont know how. Would the tribunal service be able to help do you think?

Kind regards

More
8 months 1 week ago #286951 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Appeal
Hi McMaddie

By all means, ask the Tribunal Service. Even on the telephone, it's possible she will be asked questions by each of the three-panel members. Obviously, they won't all speak at once.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 1 week ago #286985 by Tracey
Replied by Tracey on topic PIP Appeal
Hi McMaddie,
I’ve just come on here to try to fathom out how to leave a message and come across your post. My message is going to be about my pip appeal.
I wholeheartedly understand where your friend is coming from as I felt exactly the same about mine, which I had yesterday. I need to try to reassure you and your friend that I also had the same anxieties about the whole thing and on many occasions have wanted to cancel.
From my experience I would like to reassure your friend that, while I doubt very much that the whole amount your friend is suffering will come across due to the nature of it being a phone call, in my experience the panel are aware of how difficult it is and recognise that they can’t see or hear the full extent of difficulties.
I beg you to let your friend know though they are fully aware though. They did not mind when I needed a break as got really overwhelmed and upset. They reassured me and let me have some time.
I can fully appreciate how your friend may be feeling. But please reassure her and if she wants to ask any questions please ask away.
It’s an awful situation to be in and causes so much anxiety I really feel for anyone going through such a degrading situation. Your friend and yourself are in a situation I’d not wish on anyone BUT my experiences yesterday, with the support of my mam and partner I got through it and have been awarded pip which has been back dated for 20 months!!! I got lower rate care and higher rate mobility.
I think they are aware that the health care report that everything is based on can be full of inaccuracies (lies and manipulated information) (which mine was full of) and despite evidence sent to support my application, how the DWP remain focussed on a flawed report.
Sorry I digress.
Please reassure your friend that the tribunal panel (mine were incredibly patient and understanding) are there to simply ask for any further information to clarify the situation you were in a time of your application. Just continue to be honest and as open as you can.
I sincerely hope this post will help reassure you and your friend and I wish you both the best of luck and the tribunal.
Kind regards
Tracey
The following user(s) said Thank You: McMaddie, Wendy Woo, Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid