× Members

Pip review

More
8 months 4 days ago #287148 by Georgiegirl
Pip review was created by Georgiegirl
Hi spoke to pip today my son has a telephone appointment for his pip renewal / review.The person from pip has said as his dad is his appointee he can do the assessment for him,I said wouldn’t it be better for a face to face like last time,apparently as covid is still about they are not doing face to face.I’ve taken the gentleman’s name because I didn’t know my husband could do this. Any advice please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 4 days ago #287159 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pip review
Hi Georgiegirl

Have you thought about asking for a paper review, if you have enough supporting documents?

We have heard on the forum of a few face to face appointments since covid but it is not the norm.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 4 days ago #287167 by Sheila 966
Replied by Sheila 966 on topic Pip review
Morning, just to say, yes, the Appointee can stand in as attendee at the assessment - getting a straight forward answer on this just recently was like pulling teeth!

From my daughters point of view, me standing in for her with a telephone assessment will be far less distressing, we had an aborted appointment nearly two weeks ago - she was so stressed out leading up to the time and for a good few hours after realising that it wasn't going ahead!
* Armed with both your original and Review PIP forms, you will be able to prep beforehand:
* Request that the call is recorded and make your own recording too
* make notes of anything you want to ensure gets across - reinforcing or expanding on the original answers, (lets face it, after reviewing your original answers and having read these forums you might have wished that you had clarified the impacts better than you originally had - most of us kick ourselves after posting the forms back!)
* Highlight those points as they are discussed, so you do not finish the assessment without ensuring you have covered everything.
* You can also reinforce how "grateful you are" that you are entitled to speak for your Son - as, (maybe?), he would not be able to understand the questions and then answer sufficiently for a fair assessment of his condition?

Just a note: Do not get stressed yourself, try to detach yourself - it's hard, but getting emotional can lead to missing out important information that you will need to get across.

Secondly: the PA4 report, that I have often seen as "will be submitted back to the DWP in 48 hours after your assessment" - NOT always true, I have noted that there have been quite a few people reporting now that the report is still not available 4-5 days later - I spoke to the DWP a month or so back, (re my husbands review after a significant stroke), there are quite a few Assessors handling claims that are having to have their Assessments audited - in these cases it can take 2-3 weeks for a report to be forwarded to the DWP, during this time you could possibly have a call back from the original assessor - to clarify points/notes taken or even ask more questions, probably where the auditor has noted the need for more supporting information/back up to evidence etc.

In my husbands case, we had spoken to the Case Manager - he had said that due to the report not being in within the 'normal' timescales, he had put a note on the file to forward the PA4 as soon as it came in! (this action was carried out).

So, in my opinion, the Appointee will be in a better position to speak for your son.

Wishing you all the best at this time
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
8 months 4 days ago #287191 by Georgiegirl
Replied by Georgiegirl on topic Pip review
Hi yes I did ask if a paper based review could be done,his reply as my son has an appointee he can do the assessment for him,paper reviews can be done if there was no appointee and it would cause a lot of stress to a claimant etc

More
8 months 4 days ago #287192 by Georgiegirl
Replied by Georgiegirl on topic Pip review
Thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid