× Members

Accidentally omitted information - should I correct?

More
8 months 2 hours ago #287319 by Carmella
I had a PIP phone assessment recently.

One of the main difficulties I have is brain fog. I’d prepared notes and lists on various things I’d predicted they bring up, but forgot they would ask about working.

I work 5 hours a week for myself, and spoke about that. However, I have a zero hours contract at another job, which I work at sporadically when I can. They’ve put in place various accommodations for me and I do roughly 25-30 hours a month. I forgot to mention this job - I haven’t done it in a while and I just forgot it existed.

Is there any way I can add this information although the assessment has already happened? I’m worried they cross-reference with HMRC or something and that, although it doesn’t change anything to do with what I’m capable of or contradict my application, it’ll make me look like a liar and they’ll disregard everything.

I’d really appreciate advice!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #287346 by Gary
Hi Carmella

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

I would not worry about it, as you have stated, you have not done it for a while and it is sporadic. you could send in a letter by recorded delivery with the missing information, whether they get it or not, that's another question.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid