× Members

How to respond to a question?

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291302 by Staffy61.
How to respond to a question? was created by Staffy61.
Good morning everyone
My pip assessment is imminent. I'm curious as to how to respond to a potential driving question especially given any distance. Will it be viewed negatively if I declare I drive - even though my car has plenty of adaptations to make things comfortable for me. I always plan stops along a route.

PS, no problems planning a journey. Automatic car.

Much thanks

Staffy61.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291328 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic How to respond to a question?
S

This question is asked in regard to the Planning and Following a Journey but is also used for some of the physical activities.

The Mobility activity does not consider physical issues so your adaptions will not be considered nor will the stops that I assume are made for physical reasons. This activity only considers the sensory, cognitive or mental health that would prevent you from navigating to an unfamiliar or familiar place.

As to what I have called the "physical" activities; cooking, washing and dressing, there will be assumptions about grip strength, arm strength, ability to sit, to concentrate and other things. These often lead to negative results.

I'm afraid you need to make your own choices about your driving.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #291353 by Staffy61.
Replied by Staffy61. on topic How to respond to a question?
Thanks for your reply and guidance Gordon.
Staffy 61.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid