× Members

No supporting evidence. PIP for Mental Health.

More
3 months 1 week ago #292629 by Sahil
Hi,

My PIP review is coming up, I received a text this morning, yet to receive the form.

When I claimed PIP for the first time in late 2021, I was under my local CMHT. I had a care coordinator who made the calls and completed the form on my behalf, and was also with me during my telephone assessment. I had just finished group art therapy and was on the waiting list for another group therapy. The psychotherapist and care co both provided supporting letters.

I was discharged from CHMT shortly after being awarded PIP. I don't have any ongoing treatments and there is nothing I am waiting for. I am prescribed antidepressant. I see my GP every 6 months or so where we briefly review my mental health. My circumstances are the same no change, except I was diagnosed with autism in January and will provide the report for that.

I am concerned about having no supporting evidence. Advice please, what can I do?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dellilah, UB40 Rumrunner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #292633 by BIS
Hi Sahil

You're in the same position many people find themselves in after being discharged from services, and it is challenging when you appear to have no recent evidence.

Do you have a family member or friend who can write a supporting letter? If you have - you should include one.

You can also keep a diary showing your difficulties for a couple of weeks. There are sample ones under the PIP guides.

You say that nothing has changed since your original application, and you will need to clarify that. (By the way, I'm not doubting you—it is just something the DWP will question.) Many people are discharged simply because they have had their allotted amount of time—not because they have actually improved. I hope that you have a copy of what the care-co-ordinator originally said. You need to familiarise yourself with it, and carry on the narrative from that point.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dellilah, UB40 Rumrunner

More
3 months 1 week ago #292637 by Sahil
Hi BIS

Unfortunately I don't have any family or friends who could write a letter.

I will be completing the form as if I am doing a new application and will be following the PIP guide on here as support even though there is no change. Thanks for the diary suggestion, I will definitely include that.

Thank you.

More
3 months 1 week ago #292659 by guildster
Replied by guildster on topic No supporting evidence. PIP for Mental Health.
Are you taking medication? If so copies of repeat prescriptions would show your having on going treatment. After 30 years of various treatments I was advised in writing by my psychologist, that engaging further cognitive treatment would not be worth perusing as I had gone as far as I could and this is as good as it gets. I am largely under the care of my GP, I am on mood stabiliser’s and anti depressants. I have used that letter for the past two re assessments with success.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robbie, BIS, Dellilah

• UB40 Rumrunner
3 months 1 day ago #292810 by UB40 Rumrunner
Replied by UB40 Rumrunner on topic No supporting evidence. PIP for Mental Health.
Ask GP to confirm historic and current conditions of anxiety/depression etc. Explain to GP you went as far as was possible in regard to CBT etc. Get a copy of al historic notes and prescriptions .

It's a choice not to be taking medication it's just some pen pushing numpties out there will see things different in you are all marvellous now. I have suffered with depression for 30 years and ive used other self medication to get me by as tablets really did not do anything for me.

You may not have any new up to date evidence to produce, but tell them, nothing has changed from how you felt since last assessment. More importantly make that clear to your Dr and get a letter from them to confirm it.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid