× Members

PIP Assessment Complete - PA4 Query

More
3 months 1 week ago #292679 by Source44
PIP Assessment Complete - PA4 Query was created by Source44
Hi wonderful team!

Apologies if this is a silly or repeated query, I’m super anxious and like everyone, during the wait I’m highly triggered and really over thinking.

Background:
I had a telephone pip assessment on Monday (over 2 hours long ). Following a tense couple of days, I found some courage and called the enquiry line to request the PA4 yesterday (thanks to the advice on here). The first advisor didn’t know what I was asking for and transferred me (I believe by accident) to an internal line who was as confused as I was. He transferred me back onto the main pip enquiry line (back of the hold queue), at which point I felt too stressed to continue n left it for the evening.

Strangely, about an hour later (after 5pm), I had a random half hour call from the same assessor from Monday, re-asking one of the questions from the assessment. It caught me really off guard and triggered an immediate panic attack (wasn’t with my support either), but the assessor seemed “nice” and I even dare say “encouraging?” throughout the call. They even shared some personal information/story, I think to relate to me or maybe even calm me down towards the end. It didn’t help at all, but I appreciated the sentiment behind it. I’m still really unsure how to feel about it all, I don’t want to be naive in thinking this any sort of positive sign but, they literally said that they thought I would definitely be awarded PIP, but wasn’t sure at what rate. I’m so worried that it will be a different story once I get a copy of the report.

The wait for a decision has begun, and after a 0 point award in 2021 - I’m trying to remain hopeful that 2024 will be different. I know I’m still entitled to request and receive a copy of the assessor form (PA4), and I’m building the courage to ring pip enquiries hopefully this afternoon.

Query:
Before I do, I just wanted to check if I should actually be waiting a further 48 hours from the second call, due to the assessment question being re-asked?

(Monday’s call - 48 hours = PA4 request on Wednesday)
(Wednesday’s call - 48 hours = PA4 request on Friday).

I haven’t received any texts or confirmation from the DWP that they have received the assessor report yet, so I’m not sure if it’s even worth trying to call them again today. Thanks for any advice or help you can give!

Kindest Wishes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #292684 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Assessment Complete - PA4 Query
Hi Souce44

You won't necessarily get a text from the DWP saying they have received the report. Some people receive them, and some don't. You could call today, but why don't you call tomorrow? Then it should definitely be there.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Source44

More
3 months 1 week ago #292715 by Source44
Replied by Source44 on topic PIP Assessment Complete - PA4 Query
Thank you Bis, I did leave it for the evening and to be honest I’m not sure I have the energy today either :blink: ! Will update if that changes, but hope you have a lovely weekend ahead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

More
3 months 1 week ago #292726 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic PIP Assessment Complete - PA4 Query
I asked them to put a note on my file to text when the PA4 was in. Although I never expected them to, but they did.

If you haven’t called them already, ring on Monday morning at 9am. Despite them saying it’s a busy time, I’ve always manage to get through within 20 minutes & once they picked the phone up immediately 🫢

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293155 by Source44
Replied by Source44 on topic PIP Assessment Complete - PA4 Query
Hi!

Not sure how to start this but I owe a HUGE thank you to the team and community on here for supporting me through the PIP process.

I am so relieved and pleased to announce that I have been awarded PIP until 2028! I really couldn’t have managed or coped with the stress of applying without the booklets, support and encouragement from this Benefits And Works site!

I have received an enhanced living award and I am 2 points away from enhanced mobility. I have diagnosed Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Depression and currently undiagnosed CPTSD and Endometriosis. At this stage I really don’t want to go through any more stress, so I don’t feel able to put a case together for those extra points. I’m also really grateful to have received the award without having to do a MR, as I was very much prepared for it! So this has come as a huge shock and relief.

For timeline purposes :

Week 1 - APPLIED FOR PIP (MID MARCH 2024)

Week 10 - PIP CONFIRMED FORM RECEIVED

Week 15 - PIP ASSESSMENT(s)

Week 16 - PIP CONFIRMED IN TEXT/ON PHONE/AND LETTER

Week 17 - BACKDATE PAYMENT RECEIVED

I will remain a member of this site for as long as my award allows, as the work you do is truly appreciated by those of us who have no where to go. The forms, booklets and guidance you provide is life saving.

I know a few people that are entitled to PIP but also know how hard the process of applying is, so I’m hoping that my success will encourage them and others reading this to go for it! I felt every second of those 17 weeks, but looking back it feels like such a short time to wait for such a life changing moment right now. I will be directing those in need to your site, and the lovely people on the DWPhelp Reddit thread too.

Thank you all for your time and support!

Good Luck to all those waiting ✨
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Wendy Woo

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293173 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP Assessment Complete - PA4 Query
Congratulations Source44 and thank you for your words of advice and encouragement for other claimants.

@PIP @SUCCESS

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid