× Members

Pip assessor

More
3 months 1 week ago #292689 by marns
Pip assessor was created by marns
Got my pip report and despite me telling the assesor i can not leave the house without my husband and that i only go out once a week to drive husband to shopping whilst i wait in the car due to my anxiety and ocd she said that i can plan and follow a journey unaided based on the fact the i work, which i do not (on maternity leave but have been off since last year may due to pregnancy and not going back) in this time my mental health has declined hence not being able to go out, she also put that i need prompting to cook a meal when i told her i do not cook or prepare any of my meals my husband does. I Put a complaint in, told pip about it but they still will make a decision based on what she has stated.
What to do now?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #292699 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pip assessor
Hi marns

Unfortunately, we hear your story quite frequently here on the forum.

When you say you have your PIP report is it the PA4 or the decision makers report you have?

If you have the assessors report, you will have a better understanding of how the DWP Decision Maker has come to their conclusions and you will now be able to argue against them.

I usually use a highlighter to highlight any inaccuracies, once you have gone through the report you then set out why you are applying for a MR and go through each descriptor one at a time why you disagree with the assessor and try and match it with any supporting documents you may have sent in.

Understand that the assessor is offering an opinion when they say 'in my opinion' you can do the PIP activities, tackling these head-on is unlikely to be successful, you need to show that the basis of that opinion is founded on incorrect information, so try and refer to your evidence to undermine what they have said, remember they are just an opinion which is not based on fact.

Also, try and stick to issues that lead to your scoring points, I often hear members referring to the assessors spelling, as an example, whilst it may show a lack of professionalism, raising it as an issue isn't going to help you get an award.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation.

Lastly, make sure that you understand the criteria that you are being assessed against you can put the best case forward that is possible but you won't score points if you do not meet the PIP Descriptors.

The first stage to challenging a Decision is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this needs to be done in writing to the DWP, within one month of the Decision, to the office that dealt with your claim, have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide; benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

For the CRMR1 form to initiate your MR; www.gov.uk/government/publications/chall...ork-and-pensions-dwp

When you have a better idea of the issues with your claim, come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 months 1 week ago #292713 by marns
Replied by marns on topic Pip assessor
it is the PA4, the decision has not been made yet. when I do apply for a MR, I have proof in forms of sickness notes that I have been off work since last year may, is this something I can use as proof that I have not made that journey in over a year seeing as that was what she based her decision on as to why I Can plan and follow the route of a journey unaided?

More
3 months 6 days ago #292735 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pip assessor
Hi marns

As a decision has not yet been made, there is a small window for you to write to the Decision Maker but you will need to be quick. Point out what is incorrect with the assessors report and why, the why part is the important part.

Understand that the assessor is offering an opinion when they say that you can do the PIP activities, tackling these head-on is unlikely to be successful, you need to show that the basis of that opinion is founded on incorrect information, so try and refer to your evidence to undermine what they have said.

Also, try and stick to issues that lead to your scoring points, I often hear members referring to the assessors spelling, as an example, whilst it may show a lack of professionalism, raising it as an issue isn't going to help you get an award.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation;

Lastly, make sure that you understand the criteria that you are being assessed against you can put the best case forward that is possible but you won't score points if you do not meet the PIP Descriptors.

The first stage to challenging a Decision is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this needs to be done in writing to the DWP, within one month of the Decision, to the office that dealt with your claim, have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide, half way down the page for details of the process, the PIP area also has template letters that you can use to make the request with.

benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

Make sure that your letter makes it clear that you are not requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration but you reserve the right to do so once a Decision has been made.

When you have a better idea of the issues with your claim, come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid