× Members

PIP APPEAL ADJURNMENT

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293824 by Skydancingangel
PIP APPEAL ADJURNMENT was created by Skydancingangel
I’d like to share this to see if it corresponds with any one else’s experience. After over a year of waiting and the DWP trying to minimise, ignore clear and convincing medical evidence , not to mention the customary “gas lighting “ I finally got a Tribunal date recently, no sleep night before, got insomnia anyhow. Arrived at Tribunal centre to be told that :THE DWP HAS NOT PROVIDED A RESPONSE TO THIS APPEAL! I’ve learned to accept the things I can’t change, however when the Strange woman from the DWP was struggling to apologize to the court in general, I interrupted her and said “are you apologizing to me”?

I have many questions of the DWP violating their own policies in other issues eg all the high court cases their ordered to appear at, any feed back would be interesting.

Saludos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293830 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP APPEAL ADJURNMENT
Hi,

Post approved ready for claimants feedback.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293862 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic PIP APPEAL ADJURNMENT
Hi Skydancingangel,
It is quite often that DWP do not produce the paperwork.
When you lodge an appeal, usually by sending in or completing online SSCS1 DWP have a month to produce the appeal papers, (often called appeal bundle,) these will be made up of the claim form, assessments, decisions, SSCS1, etc etc. You will get a copy and so does the Tribunal.
This is Rule 24 Tribunal Rules 2008
[When a decision maker receives a copy of a notice of appeal from the Tribunal under rule 22(7), the decision maker must send or deliver a response to the Tribunal—

(a)in asylum support cases, so that it is received within 3 days after the date on which the Tribunal received the notice of appeal;
(b)in—
(i)criminal injuries compensation cases, or
(ii)appeals under the Child Support Act 1991,within 42 days after the date on which the decision maker received the copy of the notice of appeal; and
(c)in other cases, within 28 days after the date on which the decision maker received the copy of the notice of appeal.
(1A) Where a decision maker receives a notice of appeal from an appellant under rule 23(2), the decision maker must send or deliver a response to the Tribunal so that it is received as soon as reasonably practicable after the decision maker received the notice of appeal.]

(2) The response must state—

(a)the name and address of the decision maker;
(b)the name and address of the decision maker's representative (if any);
(c)an address where documents for the decision maker may be sent or delivered;
(d)the names and addresses of any other respondents and their representatives (if any);
(e)whether the decision maker opposes the appellant's case and, if so, any grounds for such opposition which are not set out in any documents which are before the Tribunal; and
(f)any further information F54 ... required by a practice direction or direction.
(3) The response may include a submission as to whether it would be appropriate for the case to be disposed of without a hearing.

(4) The decision maker must provide with the response—

(a)a copy of any written record of the decision under challenge, and any statement of reasons for that decision, if they were not sent with the notice of appeal;
(b)copies of all documents relevant to the case in the decision maker's possession, unless a practice direction or direction states otherwise; and
(c)in cases to which rule 23 (cases in which the notice of appeal is to be sent to the decision maker) applies, a copy of the notice of appeal, any documents provided by the appellant with the notice of appeal and (if they have not otherwise been provided to the Tribunal) the name and address of the appellant's representative (if any).
(5) The decision maker must provide a copy of the response and any accompanying documents to each other party at the same time as it provides the response to the Tribunal.

(6) The appellant and any other respondent may make a written submission and supply further documents in reply to the decision maker's response.

(7) Any submission or further documents under paragraph (6) must be provided to the Tribunal within 1 month after the date on which the decision maker sent the response to the party providing the reply, and the Tribunal must send a copy to each other party.

This shies there us 28 days as I have underlined in the copy above and what information must be included.

I wasn't clear whether it was just you who had no papers, or no one had the papers?
If the tribunal had no papers then they should NOT have listed the case for hearing!
If you wanted to, you could complain to both DWP and or Tribunal. Clearly there is fault on both sides here. I guess that you could complain about the distress and anxiety caused and the delay. Furthermore, ask fir a full explanation as to why thus problem has occurred and more to the point why the tribunal didn't spot the error! And what assurances could both tribunal and DWP to ensure the hearing will go ahead next time. You could ask for compensation, again you probably won't get anything but you might.
I hope that you don't have to wait to long for the new hearing.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293864 by simmeringwater
Replied by simmeringwater on topic PIP APPEAL ADJURNMENT
forgive me, are you saying as a result of DWP providing a response that you won your case by default? Or is it adjourned until the DWP gather a response? Apolagies for not fully understanding your predicament

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293870 by trb10
Replied by trb10 on topic PIP APPEAL ADJURNMENT
I feel your pain. Mine was adjourned on the morning of the hearing as allegedly it had been assigned to the wrong "tier of judge" 3 months later it has been relisted for 3 weeks time but I'm not holding my breath

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293960 by Skydancingangel
Replied by Skydancingangel on topic PIP APPEAL ADJURNMENT
HI

Thanks for replying,no the DWP messed badly it would appear, they sent two wrong responsed, I asked the Judge in in his experience this has ever happened before and he said no, he then demanded to know what was going on and he was not pleased! I told the DWP woman that this was totally unacceptable , she offered an apolgy to the court and I had to say are you apologising to me ?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid