× Members

PIP called my husband

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293912 by Puddleduck
PIP called my husband was created by Puddleduck
This morning my husband received a phone call from PiP saying that because I requested a paper based assessment they wanted to ask him a few questions.

As it happened he was taking me to an appointment, so couldn’t chat but asked them to ring back this afternoon.

He has now spoken to them, and my anxiety is through the roof. We are both new to PIP, so easily going to say the wrong thing, for example he was asked if I can cook. He said I can - but didn’t mention it’s once in a blue moon when I’m on my own, not multitasking and it takes me a long time to do etc.

I feel cheated. I submitted paperwork which took ages, all my treatment plans, reports etc. read the guides and answered honestly. There are activities I can manage sometimes, but not on the majority of days or to an acceptable standard or repeated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293915 by traceytracey
Replied by traceytracey on topic PIP called my husband
Hi Puddleduck,
Is your husband allowed to speak on your behalf? I know when I spoke for my daughter they had to speak to her first for permission?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Puddleduck

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293917 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP called my husband
Hi Puddleduck

I'm sorry this has upset you. Assessors are allowed to call if they want to clarify anything. I know you spent a lot of time putting in the best form you could, but no one can ever tell what extra information someone else reading your form might want to know. It's not that you did anything wrong; it's entirely up to an assessor.

I know it seems scary because you are new to PIP, but believe me, it's no better, even if you have experience with the system. Everyone worries whether they have said the right thing and the fact is no one knows until the decision comes through. I know your anxiety is 'through the roof', but you have to try and put this aside, or it's going to tear you apart. There's nothing you can do now, and you have both done your very best.

I hope you won't have to wait too long for the decision.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Puddleduck

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293919 by Puddleduck
Replied by Puddleduck on topic PIP called my husband
I’m not sure, he helped me put my form together and added his own notes at the end. So they did have his contact details available.

I have calmed down a lot now, thanks BIS as well for replying and setting my mind at rest. We already decided that whatever they decide we won’t challenge it as the process has been too stressful. If I score on what I believe to be correct I will be on the lowest award of daily living so the situation could be a lot worse.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293923 by Water22
Replied by Water22 on topic PIP called my husband
@BIS very lovely supportive response :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293925 by Puddleduck
Replied by Puddleduck on topic PIP called my husband
Just wanted to give a quick update - as per my anxiety was getting the better of me, now I have managed to speak to my husband regarding the phone call it sounds positive. He said he gave a lot of examples of where I struggle - confirmed what I said and said the assessor was very engaging with him. If anything sounds like he sees and knows me better than I do.

So on that note thank you for reading my rant, the CBT must be working as I’ve only pondered on this for the afternoon - not all week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid