× Members

ESA Support nigration to UC medical evidence required?

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #295088 by marieukxx
I read it's not needed to provide this but is it better to? To help make sure I get it and don't have an interview? I have many new medical conditions since as well. Just thinking if I add it all in when I do it online it may help.

Also ID I have photo ID, is a printed off bank statement or PIP letter or letter saying how much tax I paid I got around March ok as the second proof?
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #295155 by Gary
Hi marieukxx

If you are receiving ESA and in the support group, when you migrate over to UC, providing there is no break in your claim then you should go straight over to the LCWRA group without having to go through the assessment phase.

When you apply for UC and you are asked toprove your ID, it will tell you what ID they will require, if you already have a gateway account then that should be ok.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: marieukxx, VIA

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #295166 by VIA
Hello Gary,

I am a bit worried because when PIP wrongly stopped my pip under the excuse of not having returned the original pip review form by their deadline,
ESA Support Group I have been on for years, removed my Severe Disability Premium.

I found out when ESA called me to say that because my PIP had been stopped I would get less ESA money, when PIP never called me to say it was stopped.

I never received the original pip review form and as instructed on their text I called them to let them know and they reissued me a new PIP review form.

- PIP was reinstated, as it was PIP’s mistake, as their text and on new pip replacement review form they had sent me the return date was still about one week away.
- Then ESA reinstated my severe disability premium.

Sorry for asking.
- But what is No Break in an ESA claim?
- Is it when ESA stops and then ESA is put back?
- or is it like in my case when you get ESA Support Group (for many years) but then they remove the Severe Disability Premium and then reinstate it a few days later?

I am worried that because my severe disability premium was removed for a few days then put back, when migrated to UC, they may not put me in the LCWRA, the equivalent of the support group if they consider the removal and reinstatting of the Severe Disability Premium a break in my claim.

I really appreciate your help.

Many thanks in advance.
Best wishes.
VIA

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #295187 by BIS
Hi VIA

I would not expect them to say you have had a break in your claim. It was only the Severe Disability Premuium that was removed, and then only for a couple of days (and through no fault of your own). Obviously, we are not the DWP, and as you recently found out, anything can happen. I can understand why you're concerned, but as you have shown, should you have to fight, you can do so and win. I still don't think it will happen.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid