× Members

Correct Photo ID when migrating over to Universal Credit

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #295097 by Eveshell
Hello. If using a Passport for photo ID when migrating from ESA to Universal Credit, does it have to be a valid up to date one or can I use my expired old one? I'm struggling getting a countersignature when applying for a new one.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 19 hours ago #295105 by David
Hi Eveshell,
Yes, you can use an expired passport as long as you can be recognised from the photo. This is the case with UC but other government departments have a limit of 12 months after expiry date.
David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
4 weeks 3 hours ago #295106 by Eveshell
Thanks very much. Really appreciated.

More
4 weeks 2 hours ago #295108 by David
Hi Eveshell,

There is a lot of inconsistency amongst DWP and Jobcentre staff so here is the link to the required ID.
The passport doesn't have to be current only the Council Tax statement has to be current.

David

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 weeks 2 hours ago #295109 by Eveshell
Thanks again. Really appreciated. Please can you post the link again, I can't see it on your post?

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #295123 by BIS
Hi Eveshell

I think this is the link David was talking about www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-verify-your-i...for-universal-credit

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid