× Members

Sent PIP review form, yet still collecting, preparing evidence to send them

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #295146 by VIA
Hello everyone,

I sent my PIP review form to PIP within the PIP return deadline.

- They told me that any evidence I sent after that deadline still has to be taken into account at the pip review.
( so First I send extra evidence Special recorded delivery next day 1pm, I track it online and see what date, time it was received and signed and by whom and which department. That way PIP cannot say they did not receive it.
Second I ring PIP a few days later to ensure they received it and noted it on their system).

- I asked them on the phone how long it will take for them to review my case, they said about a year due to a backlog.

- I am not going to wait 1 year, or more, or less to send them additional evidence, as who knows maybe they will do my PIP review next month, there is no way to tell for sure.

- I feel that I could have explained some sections better in how my health conditions were affecting my ability to do some daily living and mobility activities.

- As they have to take into account any evidence I send them, even if after the pip return deadline, even if the PIP review is one week or 1 year away, I am still preparing additional evidence to send them.

- whether that is further test results that confirm new/worsening health conditions affecting my ability to do daily living/mobility activities
- a more up to date print out of my medication and treatments. (More treatments, physio, change of medication with higher health risks, side effects etc)
- further examples I could give to explain my limitation with some activities
- another letter of support from someone
- if my pip is not looked at for the next few months, I might ask my GP surgery to print me the remaining documents on my record, since they last printed them for me which was a few weeks ago, and see if there is anything in there that could help my case.

Reading on this forum and other places, it seems some people lately on PIP review stop getting pip, or get down from enhanced to standard.

I do not want to be fear mongering, I may wrong, but if it is the case, I cannot assume my PIP will be renewed or even increased.
I have to send so much evidence in my favour, that it will make it difficult for them to not renew my PIP, or to not increase it.

They have to think that on MR mandatory reconsideration or Appeal I am so likely to win with all the evidence backing up what I said that it is not worth them stopping or lowering the PIP award I have been on for so many years.

Best wishes to you all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo, Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #295162 by Gary
Hi VIA

Thank you for your timeline, members will find it very useful.

Keep us informed on how you get on along your way.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid