× Members

PIP change of circumstances

More
3 days 19 hours ago #296084 by Gizmo83
PIP change of circumstances was created by Gizmo83
Hi all,

I had my PIP renewal form and submitted it in March but just get the messages saying they’ll process as soon as possible. My PIP was due to end in September but they’ve now extended for 12 months due to the delays.

The problem I have is that my condition has worsened, particularly for mobility which at the minute I have no award for.

Should I just send additional information now for my renewal or inform them of a change in circumstances regarding my condition?

If I need to do the change of circumstances, how do I do that? Do I just write to them including medical evidence? I don’t have a diagnosis yet and honestly don’t know if / when I will as I’m under 4 different consultants. Will that likely be a problem?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 days 14 hours ago #296096 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP change of circumstances
Hi Gizmo83

I would ring them and say you want to report a change of circumstances and say that you will be putting a letter in the post. That means it gets logged on the system, and you have a date a time already logged of the change. If you just send the letter, there is no telling when it will get processed.

Just a word of warning. If you report a change of circumstances, it will trigger a review, and you will be sent a review form. Is that what you want?

If you are hoping that the new condition will improve your current award - make sure that you understand where you will get the extra points and you are certain the DWP will agree with you. You need to have had this condition for three months before you inform them and it needs to continue for the following nine months.

If you have any doubt that the new condition will positively impact your current award - think very carefully about informing them at the current time. You don't want to trigger a review for nothing.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid