× Members

Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!

• millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #29592 by millymoo
Hi all

Could anyone tell me what an IN2 form is, the reason i ask is i have been waiting for this an it hasnt turned up!! When i 1st rung DWP about mortgage they said they would send me form to see if there was any other help!! I have looked on benefit site and i cant find it anywhere help!!!

Mm :) a smile costs nothing
The topic has been locked.
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #29745 by millymoo
Hi all

I dint know if i am allowed to put this lead on here as it could be looked on as advertising!! Mods pleas cancel it if i am breaking any B&W rules!! My mum gave me this advert which is for doing a remortgage up to £200,000 at a rate of 1.99% !! Its an online company and its LendGo.co.uk !!

I have welfare debt lady coming to me tomorrow and i will certainly ask ifits possible for me to do this!!! My concern is that i ha at least 2 years fixed interest so not sure how would stand as i wouldnt be able to pay the penalty to my lender for coming out early.

I would really appreciate it if you could display this as it could help someone out of the situation we have been placed in. I will post and keep you all updated once i have had my meeting tomorrow afternoon!!

Mm :)
More
13 years 8 months ago #29746 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!
Hi millymoo,

All this site does is collect yur details and then pass them on to mortgage brokers in return for a large fee if you actually take out a loan. But the headline rate of 1.9% is very unlikely to be offered to ordinary homeowners, I'm afraid, it's just there to persuade you to hand over your contact details in order to let someone do a hard sell to you at a much higher rate.

I would be very wary indeed if I was you.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #29747 by millymoo
Hi Steve

I appreciate your help with this, i think i will leave well alone as i really can do without anyone trying to sell!!! I guess they know that in the current climate they will get a huge response as a way out of the situation we are in.

Once again thank you for the warning!!!

• millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #29930 by millymoo
Hi all

Well i have seen the debt welfare lady this afternoon and she has confirmed that there is nowhere within my outgoings that i can tighten any!! (i knew i had cut everything to the bone) What she has advised is to continue paying what i can afford to my lender and as soon as i recieve a letter from them, to contact her and she will deal with them direct.

Other than that i have 1 option open to me to put my property up for sale in the hope that it sells before it is repossessed. I am on the council list and within the next couple of weeks i will receive a letter to advise what my priority with them is. She has known people being housed whilst their property is still up for sale!! I doubt i will be that lucky!!! I sort of knew this would be the outcome, but now it is confirmed it becomes more real! At least i know which direction i am heading in now.

• originaldave
13 years 8 months ago #29933 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!
millymoo wrote:

Hi all

Well i have seen the debt welfare lady this afternoon and she has confirmed that there is nowhere within my outgoings that i can tighten any!! (i knew i had cut everything to the bone) What she has advised is to continue paying what i can afford to my lender and as soon as i recieve a letter from them, to contact her and she will deal with them direct.

Other than that i have 1 option open to me to put my property up for sale in the hope that it sells before it is repossessed. I am on the council list and within the next couple of weeks i will receive a letter to advise what my priority with them is. She has known people being housed whilst their property is still up for sale!! I doubt i will be that lucky!!! I sort of knew this would be the outcome, but now it is confirmed it becomes more real! At least i know which direction i am heading in now.

IMO you should get more advice as paying what you can when at the end of the day you know you will lose the house might not be a good idea as you could have done something else with that money
try getting advice from this site

forums.moneysavingexpert.com

go to the Debt-Free Wannabe Board
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris