× Members

Dreaded mortgage reduction letter arrived!!!

• millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #29363 by millymoo
Hi Tommo

I thought (wrongly i might add) that nothing was set in stone re morgage interest rates and that it wuld be confirmed on the 20th Oct with the other changes that are to affect us!! If they can make this hapen so quickly then what else will they instigate as quickly?
I dont want to scare anyone but i do fear for the future!!!

I dont know how many more knock backs we are expected to bounce back from!!! The government have taken away legal assistance from us and know that advice centres will be stretched even more now, as far as i see things they expect us to give up and not fight our cause. They know now that we are reliant on the free advice and wont bother to fight due to cost!!

Mm :) a smile costs nothing
The topic has been locked.
  • shaznay
13 years 8 months ago #29367 by shaznay
Can I rent a room out to make up the mortgage defecit, I am on ESA aand DLA, They pay the mortgage, i get council tax bebefit too.What do I have to do? inform which department.Will i lose my benfit?

Thanks
More
13 years 8 months ago #29393 by tommo
millymoo wrote:

Hi Tommo

I thought (wrongly i might add) that nothing was set in stone re morgage interest rates and that it wuld be confirmed on the 20th Oct with the other changes that are to affect us!! If they can make this hapen so quickly then what else will they instigate as quickly?
I dont want to scare anyone but i do fear for the future!!!

I dont know how many more knock backs we are expected to bounce back from!!! The government have taken away legal assistance from us and know that advice centres will be stretched even more now, as far as i see things they expect us to give up and not fight our cause. They know now that we are reliant on the free advice and wont bother to fight due to cost!!

Mm :) a smile costs nothing

Hey Milly
Trouble is we've got no one on our side... hopefully this new Labour shadow Work and Pensions person can do something to help... ?
  • millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #29397 by millymoo
Hi Tommo

I really hope so, i dont know what ese we can do!!! I have the welfare debt lady coming to me on wed, but i cant see how she can stretch my money anymore than i have done already!! But hey i am open to any suggestions!!

To add to my exsting problems my car i off the road, looks like ECU has failedso i am dreadingthe total bill, plus i went to an assesment for blue badge friday and i am being turned down because i am not in a wheelchair! I was issued a badge 3 years ago and my mobility is worse not better. I have progressive osteoporosis,crohn's disease,diabetes and high blood pressure, i really give in!!!

Its right what i said earlier how many knockbacks are we expected to bounce back from? Pehaps i am being paranoid but i feel that life is laughing at all of us!!!

Mm :) a smile costs nothing but i think i am going to start charging lol!!!!!
More
13 years 8 months ago #29411 by c00kered
Hi millymoo

I think it is truly truly shocking that you and other mortgage payers are having to try and find the extra payments towards your mortgage from your benefits which imho would most probably be impossible.

I mentioned the 10% reduction in housing benefit because it is yet another targeted attack on us, however I do understand that your situation with your mortgage is much more serious.

Where will it all end?
More
13 years 8 months ago #29412 by c00kered
Hi ranald

I was referring to the 10% reduction on your housing benefit payment which you would be subject to for each and every year you were unemployed - this would surely apply to everyone who received housing benefit whether private or social housing.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.