× Members

What to wear at medical

• neilw
  • Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #70858 by neilw
What to wear at medical was created by neilw
Hi i have a medical coming up shortly, i am not sure what to wear. I suffer with depression, and many other health problems.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RachelPotter
12 years 6 months ago #70861 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:What to wear at medical
Hi Neil, I too suffer from depression. I wear what has sort of become 'my uniform'.

I don't cope with change and so at my medical and appeal, wore what I would wear any day of the year.

Wear what makes you least stressed :)

Best wishes,
Rachel

More
12 years 6 months ago #70872 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:What to wear at medical
Wear whatever you are comfortable with. In particular, don't let yourself get pressurised into behaving in a manner that is not commensurate with the information you have provided on your form.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 6 months ago #70875 by DRAGON2009
Replied by DRAGON2009 on topic Re:What to wear at medical
If you are normally poorly turned out, then its as well to go as you are, because this should be reported as a finding, how you presented.

If you go smart when normally you are poory presented because of, for example, depression, then this just creates or contributes towards a false impression, and this ought to be avoided

More
12 years 6 months ago #70893 by hassled mum
Replied by hassled mum on topic Re:What to wear at medical
Hi neil, I wore what I normally wear day to day, as this is what I can easily dress myself in without help due to restricted movement so for me it was jogging bottoms and a rugby top with slip on shoes, I didn't realise that they take note of what you wear but I just really couldn't wear anything smart as I cannot walk in formal footwear and would struggle with putting on tights etc. So I would say wear what you wear on a daily basis and that you are most comfortable in.

• rab1000
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #70898 by rab1000
Replied by rab1000 on topic Re:What to wear at medical
Sorry, it has not been possible to publish your post.

Please see Why have you deleted my post?
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Derek4.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris