× Members

Awarded dla lower mobility but need to re-apply

More
12 years 6 months ago #72568 by blinky3456
i have been awarded lower rate mobility because i suffer with panic attacks and anxiety.they said its for "comfort and reassurance. my problem is my friends and carers staying over night because i have to take diazepham. i have a twelve year old child that has asperges and adhd. my doctor says i must have some one with me if i take diazepham because of safety and fire. i phoned them and said i need some one to stay but they said i would not be able to claim for some one having to stay with me.Can anybody please help as i dont have long to appeal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
12 years 6 months ago #72573 by Survivor
I think that you need face-to-face advice from a welfare adviser, because this would require specific interpretation of what amounts to care with a bodily function and would require the case to be put together using previous decisions.

• Survivor
12 years 6 months ago #72575 by Survivor
Perhaps I should add that sleep is regarded as a bodily function but it seems to me that your case isn't a straightforward one of needing care in order to sleep, so someone will need to do some research on it. It may be, though, that one of our members has had a similar case.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris