× Members

incapcity- esa do i appeal?

• fearful
  • Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #83498 by fearful
incapcity- esa do i appeal? was created by fearful
Please try to help me decide what is best to do.
I have been on incapacity for some years and had two medicals in that time of which at both I was seen and declared unfit due to anxiety/depression.
Then got this new form to conver to esa and completed it sent it back along with letter from my gp stating depression etc and need medical at home .

They decided to make a decision without a medical and have placed me in the wrag group. I quered it and was sent a letter saying i have at least 15 points and so have limited capability for work. it also states none of the descriptors set out in schedule 3 apply so do not have limited capability for work related activity.

I do not know what to do. I wish to appeal but cannot face a medical and am afraid they will send me for one/or do home visit and I'l say wrong thing and lose everything. On other hand I really do not feel capable of turning up at job centre for discusions on how to get into work when i am too unwell to do so.

I really don't think i can go to an oral tribunal as too panic stricken. If i try for a paper appeal is it possible it would trigger a home visit medical?

sorry so long, i hope that makes sense
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #83504 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:incapcity- esa do i appeal?
fearful

I'm sorry but there are no guarantees.

I've not heard of anybody appealing from the WRAG to the Support Group who has had to attend a medical, where they previously hadn't, however, at least one member has lost their ESA in making this appeal.

The following FAQs may help you make a decision.

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

How long do I have to appeal?

How to submit an appeal

Qualifying for the Support Group

Do I have to attend WFIs while I appeal?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris