× Members

Post WRAG Entitlement

• Red
  • Topic Author
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #95905 by Red
Post WRAG Entitlement was created by Red
Query - \i have just been placed in the WRAG Group. They have stated on the medical paper that I should be fit for work in up to 18 months time, although I have been classified as unfit for work by three different consultants.
I am currently receiving a percentage of my salary less LTIB, paid to me by my Employers Insurance. From this salary I pay all tax and National Insurance contributions, and have done so during my period of incapacity.
My query is this - if at the end of twelve months I am no longer entitled to LTIB, would I still be entitled to statutory sick pay. I understand many benefits are means tested but would that apply to SSP.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #95906 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Post WRAG Entitlement
Red wrote:

Query - \i have just been placed in the WRAG Group. They have stated on the medical paper that I should be fit for work in up to 18 months time, although I have been classified as unfit for work by three different consultants.
I am currently receiving a percentage of my salary less LTIB, paid to me by my Employers Insurance. From this salary I pay all tax and National Insurance contributions, and have done so during my period of incapacity.
My query is this - if at the end of twelve months I am no longer entitled to LTIB, would I still be entitled to statutory sick pay. I understand many benefits are means tested but would that apply to SSP.

This is something you would have to ask your employer and failing that a trained advisor as we don't advise on SSP.

As an aside, if you are still making NI Contributions, you may well be able to make a new claim for ESA(CB) if your current one is time limited.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris