× Members

in support group sent ESA 50/jan13

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #98389 by Mossy
in support group sent ESA 50/jan13 was created by Mossy
was so pleased when I appealed in november 11 and got put from the work group to the support group.I had been on incapacity benefit for many years .

picked up post this morning to find a form:(

rang benefit office who said my records had been cleared and it showed as a new claim
rang back two hours later and spoke to different chap who said all my records there now :S

is this happening a lot , I felt safe when I had got into the support group ?The thought of going through this all over again is awful. Only got out of hospital yesterday

fiona
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #98396 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic in support group sent ESA 50/jan13
The whole thrust of the Welfare Reform Bill is that claimants will be reassessed regularly. The ESA reasessment can happen anything between 3 months and 3 years. Your award will actually date from the first decision, not the appeal decision, and the process is started several months in advance, so your reasessment fits right in with that :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #98397 by Mossy
Replied by Mossy on topic in support group sent ESA 50/jan13
so will i be assessed under the new rules?

I did try to read the info on this website about the new rules for ESA but my head is a bit thick and foggy today :sick:
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #98413 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic in support group sent ESA 50/jan13

fiona wrote: so will i be assessed under the new rules?

I did try to read the info on this website about the new rules for ESA but my head is a bit thick and foggy today :sick:

You will definitely assessed under the new Regulations, whether the new Descriptors apply will depend on what version of the ESA50 you have received.

1. If it has a reference number of "ESA50 03/11" at the bottom left of page 1, then you should be assessed using the old Descriptors.

2. If it has a reference of "ESA50_012013_006_001" printed on the bottom right of the past page, then you will be assessed using the new Descriptors.

Then is a summary of the changes in this post

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/2203-esa-...al-test-change-chaos

Our ESA guides have been updated for case (1) above and should be updated for next week in regard case (2).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris