× Members

Adis under new rules for ESA

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #99939 by chubbster
Adis under new rules for ESA was created by chubbster
Hey all

I suffer from bowel incontinence as a reslt of MS and as a result of this I am in the Support on ESA. I know that they will be applying the aids and adaptations rule to this descriptor, but I am a little confused as to what they call aids and adaptations as far as incontinence is concerned. I do have to wear things to help control it but these still cause me to have to change to my clothes every time it happens. My question is it this sort of aid and adaptation that is being referred to?

Andy
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #99945 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Adis under new rules for ESA
Hi A,

Yes, that is the kind of thing DWP will be referring to. The fact that you still have to change your clothing is significant. You might find this helpful, it can be found in the 'spotlights' area at the top of this forum

Aids and appliances

On another note, I see that your username might be your real name. Many people prefer to use an alias on a public forum like this. If you wish to change your username please follow the instructions in this FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

If you have any further queries, please come back and ask on this thread. it will be easier to find in future if you mark it as a favourite now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid