× Members

taxable esa

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #104313 by cbrad
taxable esa was created by cbrad
I have just been transferred to support group of esa from ib, my ib was taxable, but what I don't know is how much of my esa is cont based and how much my esa ir based is taxable?

I have been told I will get £107.68 esa cont based including esa ir based. I have other works pensions taken into account.

I am totally confused by the esa letter I have received as it does not split what is cont based or what is ir based.

is it correct that esa basic is £71.70 plus support group element of £34.80 which equals £106.30 for me.

my question, is the amount of taxable esa for me is £106.30 or just £71.70. thank you for any advice.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #104314 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic taxable esa

cbrad wrote: I have just been transferred to support group of esa from ib, my ib was taxable, but what I don't know is how much of my esa is cont based and how much my esa ir based is taxable?

I have been told I will get £107.68 esa cont based including esa ir based. I have other works pensions taken into account.

I am totally confused by the esa letter I have received as it does not split what is cont based or what is ir based.

is it correct that esa basic is £71.70 plus support group element of £34.80 which equals £106.30 for me.

my question, is the amount of taxable esa for me is £106.30 or just £71.70. thank you for any advice.

You really need the DWP to clarify what you are receiving, as I would not expect anybody transferred from IB to be receiving any ESA(IR) element unless they were originally receiving Income Support in addition to their IB.

I would expect all of your ESA(CB) to be liable to tax, you need to find out whether the additional £1.38 is a Transitional Payment or whether it is an ESA(IR) top-up, if it is the latter then it is not taxable, if the former then I am afraid I am unsure as to whether it is liable or not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris