× Members

Advice needed please re ESA Appeal process

More
11 years 2 months ago #107677 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Advice needed please re ESA Appeal process

del wrote: Thanks Gordon. Sorry for another question, having a foggy day today, brain not working, cannot think for myself :evil:

Could you please let me know where I could find out what exactly we are required to do if in WRAG? I have been in it for the past year but so far they have not been able to do anything with me to my health restrictions so I haven't a clue what is actually expected.

It depends on why you are asking the question :)

In terms of the activities you might need to do

Work Focussed Interviews

Work Programme

In terms of appealing to be placed in the Support Group on the basis of Regulation 35

35.(2) A claimant who does not have limited capability for work-related activity as determined in accordance with regulation 34(1) is to be treated as having limited capability for work-related activity if—

(a) the claimant suffers from some specific disease or bodily or mental disablement; and
(b) by reasons of such disease or disablement, there would be a substantial risk to the mental or physical health of any person if the claimant were found not to have limited capability for work-related activity.

The problem is that there is no definitive list of activities that comprise the term Work Related Activity, however, they certainly include attending WFIs (remembering that these can be done over the phone or even in the claimants home), attending suitable training and finally volunteer work under the Work Programme.

I hope this helps.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: del

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• del
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #107718 by del
Hi Gordon, looking for information if in ESA WRAG should the JCP personal adviser feel it appropriate in addition to attending regular interviews with them they can mandatory place me in voluntary work placements, attend courses or other work-related things which I have not got a clue what they are but does anyone B) .

Also, any idea what 3 yr backstop trigger review means with ESA WRAG?

Do JCP Personal Advisers receive any details about actual medical conditions or restrictions of claimants/clients?
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

• del
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #107720 by del
Oooops, Forgot to say voluntary work placement was being mentioned to me previously by JCP Adviser and it was intended to be discussed at future interviews. Personally I cannot see the difference between working for money and voluntary work, it is still working for which I am supposed to be unfit for. This is where I am getting confused.

• del
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #107725 by del
Sorry Gordon, just re-read one of your previous answers again and realised your already answered about work placements :blush: Still having really bad foggy brain days just now, so tired nothing going in or staying put. Hoping to see someone at CAB this week and if not they can do appeal reasons over telephone so at the very least get appeal reasons sent in to get ball rolling.

More
11 years 2 months ago #107726 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Advice needed please re ESA Appeal process

del wrote: Hi Gordon, looking for information if in ESA WRAG should the JCP personal adviser feel it appropriate in addition to attending regular interviews with them they can mandatory place me in voluntary work placements, attend courses or other work-related things which I have not got a clue what they are but does anyone B) .

Also, any idea what 3 yr backstop trigger review means with ESA WRAG?

Do JCP Personal Advisers receive any details about actual medical conditions or restrictions of claimants/clients?

While you are in the WRAG the JC+ advisor can require you undertake, in addition to attending WFIs, a variety of Work Related Activities, these are usually things such as producing a CV or other work related documents, and attending training courses. In addition, they can require a claimant undertake voluntary work activities, but not work placements and of course they can forward claimants to the Work Programme.

The advisor does not have access to the claimants ESA50 or anything attached, and will initially only have a basic understanding of the conditions that the claimant suffers from by what is recorded in the computer system, the first WFI is primarily to allow the advisor to get a better understanding of the claimants conditions and how they affect them.

You should be aware, whilst any activity you are asked to undertake must take into account any limitations that result from your conditions, a failure to participate can result in sanction.

Changes to ESA Sanctions

I have not heard of the phrase "3 yr backstop trigger", so cannot advise.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: del

• del
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #109434 by del
In preparing my breakdown to submit for reconsideration/appeal would it be okay to give a description of the negative effects of previously attending WFIs at Job Centre to support my reasons for appealing? The reason I ask is because the negative effects I feel give some indiction as to why I personally think I fit the support group. Also, I believe my medical professionals evidence also backs this.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid