Login FormClose

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and DLA Updates

Our fortnightly updates bulletin is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Get the facts about what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare. Our mailing list is securely managed by icontact in the US.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: pip assessment

pip assessment 1 year 1 week ago #197216

my paranoid schizophrenic son does not leave the house.he has delusions at every street sign,advert,all people are aliens,fbi or isis.his step dads his carer and had to fill in his pip assesment form and its come back they want him to attend an appointment in birmingham?we're in derby.he cannot go,he will start shouting he"ll be beyond distressed,he'll habe panic attacks.he thinks hes got the devil in his front room now and hes a disciple.hes smashed all his furniture up and his telly and phone.he speaks to the wall.he was sectioned 4 yrs ago and now just stays in and takes..sometimes his meds.how the hell is he supposed to get there safely.he has no eye contact with anyone and will not speak either unless hes a different personality that day.can we request a face to face home assesment.my nerves are in shreds.please anyone can you help,we are begging you.thank you.denise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

pip assessment 1 year 1 week ago #197222


Would his GP or his mental health team be willing to write to the Assessment Provider explaining why he cannot attend at their offices.

You have two options; a home assessment or a Paper Based Review.

You are more likely to get a home assessment as a decision on this is primarily down to your showing that he cannot travel to their offices. Be aware, if there is any mention of violence or threat then the AP won't do one.

A PBR is dependant on their being sufficient evidence to do one, the fact that they have booked an appointment means that they currently do not believe that they have. You can try and supply the missing information, you will need to contact them to try and find out what they require, or you can play the violence card and tell them that there would be a real threat to the assessor and anybody else at their offices if your son was forced to attend.

Also think about getting your MP involved.

Contacting your MP

The following user(s) said Thank You: Denise Spicer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
  • Page:
  • 1
Moderators: bro58GordonMrs HurtybackIzzy1010LisaJenny Clarke