× Members

Re-Assessment of PIP

More
7 years 7 months ago #173287 by AndyWalker13
Re-Assessment of PIP was created by AndyWalker13
Hi, I am sorry to just post a random question but I am trying to find my way around the site and the Forum page is not open at the moment. I am in the support group for PIP which expires around Aug next year. After some 14 months of fighting and a 3 year award from the court (judge) I find myself after just one year waiting for an envelope to drop on the mat saying I have to re-apply. If nothing has changed (physically and mentally) for me, can anyone tell me out there if it is as hard to re-apply for PIP as it was first time round. The courts awarded me 26 points and I was placed in the support group last Oct. I do not have any new medical paperwork as my issues are still the same. I know PIP has not been around for long but I am assuming there must be some people on this forum who either are being re-assessed or have been re-assessed. Any advice would be welcome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #173305 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re-Assessment of PIP
Rolo

The first thing you need to sort out is what benefit you are talking about :) there is no Support Group for PIP, the SG is an ESA feature, so is it ESA or PIP?

If it is PIP then it depends on the form you have received, if it is another PIP2 then it is a full reassessment of your claim and you need to compete the form in detail and as a new claim, supplying evidence as you have even if it has been submitted before.

If you have received the AR1 form that asks whether your limitations are the same, worse or better then you are being asked about the period since you were last assessed. If your conditions remain the same then you do not need to go into detail about this, see the PIP Claim for more details.

If it is an ESA reassessment then you need to complete the ESA50 in detail and as a new claim, supplying evidence as you have even if it has been submitted before.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: AndyWalker13

More
7 years 7 months ago #173377 by AndyWalker13
Replied by AndyWalker13 on topic Re-Assessment of PIP
:silly: Thanks so much for coming back to me Gordon. Should have told you I have a mild brain injury, no wonder you were confused. Sorry, I did mean PIP and yes I am in the SG for ESA which I was awarded in 2014 without a medical which ends Aug 17. However, I had a nightmare with my PIP and even the judge (solicitor) apologised and awarded me enhanced mobility before I even sat down. They just wanted to talk to me about my daily living of which they awarded me enhanced with 14 points. They had to backdate payment 14 months and my Royal British Legion advisor at the time said I may have to re-apply for it again around Dec as it runs out in 9 months time. I just do not know whether I should be contacting DWP or waiting for an envelope to drop on the mat. It is doing my head in with worry. It is less stressful working but after 37 years I got told to stop.

More
7 years 7 months ago #173378 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re-Assessment of PIP
Rolo

As your Decision was made by a Tribunal I would expect you to receive a PIP2 rather than the new AR1 form.

As to timing, the DWP operate two processes, the first results in a reassessment form being issued one year in advance of an award ending, as you are well past the date when this should have happened I suspect this is not going to happen and you will fall under the second process, where a form should be sent 20 weeks in advance of your current award ending.

So look out for a form around March 2017 and if you have not received one by April 2017 then I would chase the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: AndyWalker13

More
7 years 7 months ago #173386 by AndyWalker13
Gordon

You are a gentleman.

Many thanks

More
7 years 7 months ago #173387 by AndyWalker13
Dear Gordon

Sorry to bother you again, but this has got me thinking. When I sent my ESA claim in back in Aug 14, they (DWP) put me in the SG for 3 years. Their healthcare professional also wrote in her opinion I would either end up with crutches or be in a wheelchair. However, the same DWP in respect of PIP did not recognise nor agree with her points. That aside, I appealed everything and as you now know, the courts recognised my disabilities for what they were.

What is confusing me is, if nothing (in respect of myself) has changed, and my doctor testifies to this, then surely they would be going against a courts findings which only took place in Oct 15, but financially backdated to Aug 14. Is it feasible they could turn me down again and again until I end up 14 months later back in a court room?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.