× Members

LWRCA (disability element)

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #291280 by RIA
LWRCA (disability element) was created by RIA
Having spoken to U/C recently, they have told me that if my payments are in credit and I have excess money coming in each month that I don't spend, then I must notify them on my journal and they will reduce my monthly allowance.
This seems like a 'cat and mouse' scenario, giving with the right hand and then taking back from the left.
Has anybody else experienced this?
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #291282 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic LWRCA (disability element)
RIA

There is no such requirement unless and until your savings and assets exceed £6000 when you do have a legal obligation to notify the DWP. Be aware, that assets and savings of more than £16,000 will mean you lose your entitlement to UC.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #291285 by KABTT
Replied by KABTT on topic LWRCA (disability element)
No, my basic UC is paid at the start of the month. I rarely have any other income (other than part of a PIP award still under review) but my partner is on SP. My UC journal informed me if his SP rates go up my UC goes down. My partner has to be on my UC claim even though he claims no benefits other than his SP.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #291289 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic LWRCA (disability element)
K

In case it is not obvious, income, savings and assets apply to you and your partner.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , C

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #291560 by RIA
Replied by RIA on topic LWRCA (disability element)
Hello Gordon and thank you for your reply.
I don't have any other income coming in. I only have LWRCA. The payments have reached over the £6,000 limit, so I now do not get the full amount.
It is very hard when monies fluctuate monthly. For example: My car has broken down, needs a tow to my local garage and the quote is approximately £800.00 (including the MOT)
I haven't driven my car since losing my mum, but my helper does, so I still pay tax, insurance, etc.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.