× Members

MR PIP decision letter update 😨

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #291576 by Anji
Replied by Anji on topic MR PIP decision letter update 😨
Hi Gordon
We got the PA4 when they made the original decision. It was full of errors and inaccuracies which we challenged for the MR. They have made no mention of this challenge in the MR decision letter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, KABTT , Wendy Woo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago #291595 by Donna2512
Replied by Donna2512 on topic MR PIP decision letter update 😨
My son got 2 points on his switch from DLA to PIP where he had a lifetime award high both rates. He got 4 points after MR and so we went to Tribunal. I learned that nobody at any point had looked at the evidence we sent in. The DWP rep at Tribunal hadn't looked at the case either so wasn't able to challenge anything or explain DWP reasoning. He asked only if son had ever been to a football match (still don't know the relevance) Panel were far from impressed and told DWP they were wasting panel's time. Son was awarded 28 points daily living and 12 points mobility which was what I had expected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, Anji

More
1 week 6 days ago #291603 by Anji
Hi Donna

That is good to hear. There is nothing to suggest that the decision maker for the initial decision, or the MR have read any of the evidence submitted. They have not mentioned either my letter detailing the inaccuracies in the PA4 or or the supporting letter from his ADHD clinic. We also resent the original psychologist's report as they hadn't seemed to have read this when they made the original decision. The HP ( a pharmacist) had declared that there was no issue with his working memory as he had obtained a good educational standard. The psychologist's report states that his working memory is on the 13th percentile. The supporting letter from the clinic goes into some detail about his poor working memory and the impact that this has, but neither of these have been mentioned in their decision. There's no analysis of why they discarded this and I think you are right that they just haven't read it.

It is truly shocking...

Anji
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
1 week 6 days ago #291605 by denby
Replied by denby on topic MR PIP decision letter update 😨
Hi and well done. What a crying waste of everyone's time and public resources putting your family through this. I just re- read the thread and noticed they failed to acknowledge the faults in the PA4 you highlighted at MR, and realised this was exactly the same for autistic me.
When I've got nothing better to do, I suppose I should try contacting the National Autistic Society and pushing them to campaign directly to DWP for fair treatment of us invisibly disabled people.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, C, LL26, Anji

More
1 week 6 days ago #291608 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic MR PIP decision letter update 😨
Hi Anji

I am so sorry that you are having to go through all this. I have no doubt that at the Tribunal the panel will be unimpressed, just as they were for Donna2512. It is a disgrace when they do not read information.

Best of luck putting all the information together - again!!

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Sheila 966, Anji

More
1 week 6 days ago #291617 by Anji
In the appeal do I need to go through all the descriptors again??? Or just refer them to the substantial amount of evidence we have already sent?

I am going to query the decision making process, lack of personalisation etc in the MR notice but just wondering if it sufficient to say 'please see the information already submitted'??

Thanks - I have only till tomorrow to do this due to the lateness of the letter!!

Anji

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.