× Members

If migration started

More
1 week 4 days ago #292561 by S123
If migration started was created by S123
Hello, is it true that Upto 500 people have been made to start the UC migration from ESA which was supposed to start on Sept? There is a Chanel who gives benefit news and they have stated that they started this but have been told to hush and not make it public. Can they do this as it was announced legacy benefits would start in sept 24 onwards for the changes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 1 day ago #292584 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic If migration started
Hi S123

Yes it is true, I believe it was ESA tax credit claimants, I believe I read it on Hansard so it is in the public domain.

Yes they can do it, (test and learn) the main push starts in Sept.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 week 1 day ago #292586 by karen robson68
Replied by karen robson68 on topic If migration started
You do not have to migrate if there has been no changes in your circumstances once you get a letter go straight to a welfare rights place and they will stop the migration I was told this as fact by my link worker hope this helps

K robson

More
1 week 1 day ago #292589 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic If migration started
Hi Karen

You are not correct, if you are invited to claim UC as part of the managed migration process, you will have at least 3 months from the date you receive your migration notice to make a claim for UC (this is known as your deadline day). If you make a claim after your deadline day but before your final deadline day (a month after your deadline day) you will be treated as making a qualifying claim from the deadline day.

If you fail to make a claim before your final deadline day, your legacy benefit will stop.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: S123

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.