× Members

UC and assessment

More
1 week 3 days ago #292565 by Ruth
UC and assessment was created by Ruth
Hello

I wonder if anyone can help. I am riddled with anxiety and have been made even more mentally unwell due to the current situation I am in. Briefly to explain, I have anotexia and high functioning autism and ADHD (diagnosed last year) and extreme anxiety. I have been on PIP for many years since it changed from DLA but this is up for review next year, which is already stressing me out. I work self employed up to 16hrs a week as this is all I can manage and self employment was the only sustainable way I can earn some income. For many years I have been on WTC and my parents caring for me, although thy are no longer able to receive carers allowance due to their pensions. I was this year migrated on to UC and will only be able to claim this whilst the migration period is available, this is due to my savings being over the permitted amount. However whilst I am on it I have to have an assessment via phone to justify being in the limited capacity to work group. I'm sick with worry because I won't be able to survive without UC but I also know my capacity for a normal job and the requirements of the non limited capacity job I can not do. My mental health already has massively declined since all this has happened, I do not and can not cope with change and my eating has got worse etc. I am concerned as the questions in the paperwork all seem directed to non cognitive illnesses…the other issue is I would be needing to go onto new style ESA after the UC year…but no body seems to be able to help us (my dad who is my advocate and appointee) can find any information and again its causing stress. Wtc were paying my national insurance class 2 up until March then I had a gap of 3 weeks before I was on UC so I am not sure if I have to pay to top up those weeks, also UC don't pay class 2 N.I I am told…only class 3, which as far as I'm aware is not able to be contributed to ESA and other benefits? Can anyone help us. I'm desperate many thanks Ruth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 1 day ago #292587 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC and assessment
Hi Ruth

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

To apply for NS ESA, you must have;

1) in one of the two relevant tax years, paid, or be treated as having paid, Clsaa1 contributions (and worked and paid in at least 26 weeks in one of these years), or paid, or be treated as having paid, Class 2 contributions, at least 26 times the lower earnings limit; and

2) during both the relevant tax years, paid, be treated as having paid, or been credited with Class 1 or 2 contributions at least 50 times the lower earnings limit.

Relevant Tax Years: the relevant years are the last 2 complete tax years (6 April - 5 April) before the current benefit year.

Benefit Year: runs from the first Sunday in January.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.