× Members

Support Group question for UC

More
1 week 3 days ago #292567 by kittyroo
Support Group question for UC was created by kittyroo
Hi
I am in the Support group of IR ESA. Could anyone let me know whether I have to send the DWP a new fit note from my doctor in the application process when I migrate to UC? I am hoping that they just transfer me to the UC support group and leave me alone. Just thinking about going through all that process makes me anxious.

I also wonder about what kind of documents they will ask for in the application form. Will it be Photo ID, birth certs, bank statements, or are all these not necessary?

thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 1 day ago #292588 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Support Group question for UC
Hi kittyroo

I answered your first part of your question in your previous post; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/kunena/10-dla-...o-uc-from-esa#291911

It is usually an online application form. When you complete your UC online application form you will be asked to prove your identity, if you already have a gateway account then you can use that to prove your identity. When you have your appointment with your workcoach they may require you to produce some form of photo identity,

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dellilah

More
1 week 1 day ago #292616 by Dellilah
Replied by Dellilah on topic Support Group question for UC
Hi Gary,

But what if you don’t have photo ID? If you don’t drive or have a current passport, it’s really hard to get photo ID. This is one of the things I’m dreading about the migration process.

More
1 week 22 hours ago #292618 by Gary
Hi Dellilah

They will accept other forms of id, www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-verify-your-i...for-universal-credit

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dellilah

More
6 days 1 hour ago #292687 by kittyroo
Replied by kittyroo on topic Support Group question for UC
thanks, but if I am in the Support group why would I need a work coach?

More
5 days 22 hours ago #292692 by Gary
Hi kittyroo

Everyone who applies for UC has a workcoach

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.