× Members

Attendance allowance

More
3 months 3 days ago #292571 by Susan Smith
Attendance allowance was created by Susan Smith
Hi, my husband has recently been awarded attendance allowance because of his ill health, he’s 67 and on no other benefits,
I am disabled and claim high rate pip both components .
My query is..
We pay full council tax but, If we apply for a reduction in council tax for him will it affect my benefit, I have an ongoing claim and do not want to upset my claim for the sake of reducing council tax for him, and rock the boat.
Thank you for any advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 days ago #292592 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Attendance allowance
Hi Susan

We cannot answer your post as we do not have enough informationsuch as your age, household make up and any benefits you are claiming. We would advise you to contact your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk

As your husband is now in receipt of a qualifying benefit, you may be eligible to claim a SDP.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.